The stay (celebrating one of our kids turning 10) was okay considering it was a Express version. You can see this in the lack of doors in front of the clothing cabinet, the lack of a lot of amenities such as a full size restaurant, bar, babysitting, etc.
The pool was small and had no toys, slide or anything to entertain the kids (6 and just 10). The hot tub was warm but certainly lacked power in the jet department as only one jet came close to regular power.
The biggest issue however was the total absence of dressing rooms. The whole family had to pile into the bathroom to get changed. This was a very crowded experience and due to the high humidity it was also a very warm one. If we would have at least had bathrobes we could have gone in bathrobe to the pool and didn't need changing rooms. However bathrobes were also not part of the Express package.
The room was good and clean. The only items we want to comment on are the package of sugar, cream, etc. In order to add some sugar to a cup of coffee, you had to open a whole plastic package (wit h cream, sugar, spoon, etc.) which is just not Green enough and could easily be resolved by separate packages. Also the cups were not reusable and individually packaged in plastic, It would have been great to have real glassware. Especially when you use the fridge to cool pop and other drinks, a real glass would have been better, Greener.
The staff was very friendly and to the point.
Breakfast was very good, although a limited choice it had a good range of products making sure everyone would have something to like. Again the staff was fast in replacing empty baskets, etc..
All in all it was an okay visit for the money paid ($108 before tax). However next time we likely spend a bit more to get a more luxurious feel as this (birthday) is a special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We Welcome You to the Chateau Bedford HotelLooking for Halifax hotels near Bedford? Look no further than the Chateau Bedford, located at Exit 2, off Highway 102. Our hotel in Halifax is just a short drive from many attractions in the Halifax Regional Municipality. When you stay in Halifax, Nova Scotia hotels, stay at the Chateau Bedford. Just minutes from historic downtown Halifax, our hotel is near the Hemlock Ravine Park and historic Peggy's Cove. Are you a prospective student visiting colleges near our hotel? Halifax has many nearby colleges and universities, including Dalhousie University, St. Mary's University and Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University.Among hotels in Halifax, the Chateau Bedford is the best solution for your business needs. Our hotel is located near Bayers Lake Business Park, Atlantic Acres, Lakeside Industrial Park and Ragged Lake Business Park. Our business centre offers copy, fax and print services as well as free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. For the corporate traveler looking for event space, our hotel in Halifax, Nova Scotia features two meeting rooms.At our hotel in Halifax near Bedford, you can enjoy swimming in an indoor pool and burning calories at our fitness centre. With the high-speed Internet access available throughout our hotel, you can keep in touch with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Chateau Bedford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Halifax / Bedford Hotel Halifax
- Holiday Inn Halifax
- Halifax Holiday Inn
- Chateau Bedford Halifax, Nova Scotia