All reviews tim hortons front desk the breakfast area decent breakfast peggys cove min drive great hotel downtown halifax yogurt free parking liquor store first floor nice pool free hot breakfast stay there again check in was quick fitness room
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Have been staying here on a monthly basis for the past few years and have always enjoyed my stays here. Always clean; Great morning breakfast. Staff A-1. Stay here you'll love it.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Nice Hotel Friendly Staff. Enjoyed the SweetHeats Package with my husband. Good Value. Although it should include Dinner as well! Would stay there again though.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a vacation with my 3 grown daughters. The first thing that impressed me was the staff. They were friendly, helpful and always professional. Checking in was no problem at all, and we went to our room. The room was clean (there was 2 small stains on the carpet), and the beds were the most comfortable I'd ever slept in, including my own at home. We went to the pool and hot tub area and the pool and hot tub were clean and in good working order. There were plenty of clean towels for guests to use. After a great sleep, we went to the breakfast area. We received a free newspaper every morning which was a really nice touch. The breakfast (which is free) was wonderful all three days we were there. There was alot to choose from including hot items like bacon and eggs and again everything was very clean and kept well stocked. The staff maintaining the breakfast area were friendly with the guests and did a great job. Located next to the hotel was a coffee shop, pizza place (which a staff member recommended the first night and it was really good and affordable) and a convenience store amoung other things. As we didn't have the use of a car we had to rely on taxi's to get to the downtown Halifax area everyday. The staff was always happy to call a cab for us and although the cab was a bit pricey for us (about $25 to get from the hotel to downtown) if you had a car it's only about a 10 - 15 minute drive. We were all very impressed overrall and would definately stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

This Hotel and it's staff were amazing! Staff was friendly and very helpful. Rooms were a fair size and very clean. The breakfast was very good, and quite a larg selection. Pool and Hot tub were kept up well, and overall appearance in and outside the hotel was clean and quiet. no problem sleeping. Very comfy beds. I would totaly recomend this hotel to anyone and I would definatly stay there again.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

I've been staying at this HIE for ten years now. You definitely need a car to get around, but easy access to Bedford Highway and Highway 102. The only negative is an occasional bad smell coming from the bathroom. I noticed this during my last visit, but they obviously haven't fixed the problem. The rooms are a good size with all the modern amenities. The free breakfast and free high speed internet are good. I like the fact that you can open the windows to get some fresh air in your room. All the more recent HIE hotels have the sealed windows, so you have to turn on the ac/heat. I sure hope they fix the bad odor coming from the bathroom.

• Trip type: Traveled on business