My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Bedford in June 2012. The hotel meet my expectations. It is the standard hotel quality type found throughout Atlantic Canada. Though a few updates have been made to the hotel since it first opened, don't expect trendy or industry leading decor/design. With expectations set, the hotel does offer a clean room and comfortable stay at an affordable rate for any family looking for value with a stress-free hotel. The beds were clean and provide a good sleep. The changeable duvet cover (now becoming standard in most North American hotels) is certainly a positive. One issue with the rooms: the thermostat controls are digital and can be confusing. It appeared there was little beyond the "auto" setting and for those of us wishing to sleep with the fan on, have to put up with the fan coming on and off throughout the night. The hotel does provide a great breakfast. There are hot food items available in the breakfast (ie. eggs, sausage, waffles) along with the standard continental items (ie. toast, cereal, yogurt). Located next to the hotel is a Tim Hortons, for those needing your familiar cup of coffee. The hotel does offer coin-operated laundry facilities and a small fitness room. All in all, our stay was enjoyable and we would return. I must make one point however. The pool area was a bit of disappointment. The pool liner appears to have been installed rather poorly and there were plenty of ants on the pool deck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We Welcome You to the Chateau Bedford HotelLooking for Halifax hotels near Bedford? Look no further than the Chateau Bedford, located at Exit 2, off Highway 102. Our hotel in Halifax is just a short drive from many attractions in the Halifax Regional Municipality. When you stay in Halifax, Nova Scotia hotels, stay at the Chateau Bedford. Just minutes from historic downtown Halifax, our hotel is near the Hemlock Ravine Park and historic Peggy's Cove. Are you a prospective student visiting colleges near our hotel? Halifax has many nearby colleges and universities, including Dalhousie University, St. Mary's University and Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University.Among hotels in Halifax, the Chateau Bedford is the best solution for your business needs. Our hotel is located near Bayers Lake Business Park, Atlantic Acres, Lakeside Industrial Park and Ragged Lake Business Park. Our business centre offers copy, fax and print services as well as free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. For the corporate traveler looking for event space, our hotel in Halifax, Nova Scotia features two meeting rooms.At our hotel in Halifax near Bedford, you can enjoy swimming in an indoor pool and burning calories at our fitness centre. With the high-speed Internet access available throughout our hotel, you can keep in touch with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Bedford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Halifax / Bedford Hotel Halifax
- Holiday Inn Halifax
- Halifax Holiday Inn
- Chateau Bedford Halifax, Nova Scotia