“don,t eat here”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 30, 2012

cold food did,t get all of my order .What did get was bad but the bill was right no tip for them. my family went for food at the mall want did that say about this restaurant

GraftonConnor, General Manager at Kempsters, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Cass5759:

Thank you for your review of our restaurant.

We are sorry to hear that you dining experience did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have been hearing people speak of this restaurant for a while now. It seems to be a popular spot for business breakfasts in my line of work. Today, I went there with the guys from my shop for a Brunch. On entering, it was clear that we had arrived after the breakfast crowd but before the lunch gang.

It started off not too badly, in that the waitress came by in a resonable amount of time to take our orders. I noticed that most of the meals were at least $10-12 which is not too bad. Half of the table decided upon the all day breakfast and the rest of us went for a lunch menu item. One of us had a soda and the rest coffee. The drinks were on the table within 5 minutes or so.

I chose the mushroom, swiss hamburger. I had my eyes on the steam line and could see what the line cooks were doing. After a bit I could see them putting up the plates and could see by the toast, and fries being plated that they were ours. Then they sat there and sat there and continued to sit there. They eventually were delivered, I found that my fries were luke warm heading to cool at a rapid pace. The burger was hot, and the best part of the order for me.
The man across from me had ordered the beef dip, he said it was tasty but that the au jus dip was very salty. He did not touch his fries, perhaps he does not like cold fries either... The rest of the guys were happy with their breakfast plates, which did have a generous portion.

The condiments like ketchup were almost empty and it was empty by the time I got a try. By this time the coffee was finished, and we had been promised a top up by the waitress when the meals were delivered. She never returned. We had to get the assistance of another lady for both the coffee and ketchup. There were a good handful of waitresses on duty but they were all occupied with table prep and not once did one of them come by to check on us.

To add insult to injury, I found when the bill was presented the coffee was almost $2.50. Not worth it and a bit steep in my opinion. I was to say the least greatly underwhelmed by my experience with this place and frankly I won't be back. I did not feel the service was in any way reflected in the $15+ bill for the burger and coffee. Others may like it there, but I cannot in any way say it's worth the trip to visit.

GraftonConnor, Manager at Kempsters, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Jollyjacktar321:

Thank you for your review of our restaurant. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We value your feedback and have reviewed your comments with the team.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Nice and clean and always seems busy. The food is good to very good and the service is a bit better than par. A nice place to have breakfast with friends, family or work mates.

Dear Rick K:

Thank you for your positive review of our restaurant. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you come visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

When in Halifax, we often eat at Kempsters. The staff is friendly, helpful and recognize us, treating us like family. The food is great, portions reasonable, quickly served and very tasty. Although there has been arecent change of ownership, it hasn't seemed to make a great deal of chnage to the hungry clientel.

2  Thank Doug679
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Located near the car dealers (when taking vehicle in for repair, etc.) I have eaten here several times - good variety, great service and food was always nice and hot and tasty. Mostly made from scratch I believe.

2  Thank Carol L