“Breakfast is my favorite meal”
Review of Smitty's

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Halifax, Canada
“Breakfast is my favorite meal”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My favorite meal of the day happens to be breakfast a most underrated meal. I know Smitty's is a chain I have visited a number all over the country and I will be the first one to say that not all Smitty's are equal. My favorite is Smitty's on Lacewood, the food seems to be tastier the specials are all week and the servers are both professional and friendly. The Lacewood Smittys's is not our closest but it is just off Hwy 103 and has plenty of parking before heading out to Bayers lake for monthly shopping. All in all they keep on doing something right, good management, good staff, good food, good price translates to a happy customer.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jarrellB

Liverpool, Canada
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This restaurant is right next door to the local Swiss Chalet where my wife and I eat regularly. After seeing Smitty's there for a few years, we finally gave it a try. The surroundings were really nice. We were greeted and served in the warmest, most professional manner. The food was all excellent, hot, tasty, well presented and generously portioned. We had chicken fingers @$12.29, an added small Greek salad @$4.99, one pound of wings @$9.99, and a bacon cheeseburger and fries @12.99. All was excellent; the Greek salad was one of the best anywhere and particularly generous for a small side dish - it was huge. Coffee, both regular and decaf was very good.

Some notables were that the washrooms were immaculate. Everything shone clean; even the deep recesses of the floors and corners were spotless. We noted that the restaurant has won an award for cleanliness. At the tables everything was well stocked - a huge selection of toast spreads, 18% cream for the coffee, the usual additional condiments, but also a bottle of Frank's hot sauce. We were checked regularly by our waitress Jessica for how everything was and any additional needs. Clearly they work hard to earn and keep business.

We will return in the future. I highly recommended this Smitty's as one of the best diners I have been in.

• Visited May 2014
Windsor, Canada
“Everything Good But The Coffee”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great location with plenty of parking. It's always open.
The food is always good to better than good.
The seating is generous and atmosphere is always welcoming. The staff is generally attentive and professional. The prices are fair for the portions.
We use this place for early morning business meetings. My only issue, and a big one, is that the coffee never tastes very good and often served cold. Odd for a breakfast restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rick K
Prospect, Canada
“Yummy”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had brunch here yesterday with a group of friends. The food was delicious although the hollandaise sauce on my eggs benedict was a bit cold when it arrived. Our waitress Nicole was very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed and refills. It's not the cheapest place to go for brunch though. I had eggs benedict, an apple juice, and tea and my bill was $22 plus a tip.

• Visited January 2014
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Always fast and helpful staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

reliable breakfast restaraunt. Always fast and curteous staff. Food is good. Even on the busiest days it is still never a long wait and they always overestimate the time you will wait if you have to.

• Visited August 2013