“Friendly, good, reasonably priced beer”
Review of The Split Crow

The Split Crow
Ranked #5 of 15 Nightlife in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: Ahoy there: this lively maritime pub is noted for great brew, good cheer and entertainment for those on a budget.
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Just popped in for a quick drink and stayed a little longer. The barman, Scottie, was very friendly and told us loads of history about Halifax. Good selection of flavoursome beers available at a good price

Reviewed June 2, 2009

I have been to this bar about a dozen or so times on very busy evenings and slow ones. All but 2 of those we had terrible service...over 2 hours to get a waiter to serve us and we were one of 10 customers there. After the last time, I will neither go there or recommend this place to anyone travelling to or living in Halifax.

I thought the food was ok at first until I read some citations they had against them by the food inspector...public info on the internet. If their kitchen is kept as poorly as their washrooms then it's no surprise.

There are some really great bands there though if your looking for entertainment, and lots of cheap watered down beer on there weekly Thursday and Saturday power hours...you'll find most of the 19 year olds there then.

It's unfortunate because this bar has a great patio and in a great location...they need to take better care of their customers and cleanliness.

Reviewed August 26, 2007

Our family stopped here for lunch after a other reviews on TA. The outside patio was full but we had a great table overlooking the sidewalk. My son had thier stout and I tried their bitter ale, both were great. The food was very reasonably priced pub style food and very tasty. Be prepared to have slower service. I found our Canadian neighbors kick back a bit, sort of like Europe. So, match the pace, slow down and enjoy. The Split Crow gets 4 thumbs up from this family!

Reviewed September 13, 2005

I visited the Split Crow in 1995 and then again in 2005. It hasn't changed at all (this is a very good thing). There's an amazing ambiance for those who just want to have a fun night out. I remember singing along to a Celtic band in 1995 (can't remember the name), and but by the end of the night the audience was collectively swaying their full mugs of beer in the air along to the beat of the music! I felt like I was living in another era. This place holds many wonderful memories for me, and I've only visited twice! If you're staying in Halifax, this is a place you must visit for a meal and a beer.

A TripAdvisor Member
Sint Maarten, Netherland Antilles
Reviewed July 16, 2003

I just love The Split Crow! Everytime I come to Halifax, I am sure to make at least a few stops there! You just can't beat the staff or the entertainment! A must see for everyone!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member