Review Highlights
Popped in for some "pops"!

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $117.10
from $32.97
from $79.96
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 1 week ago

Tons of history built into this quirky, rustic and welcoming bar!! Plenty of seating. Big, bold bar. Staff was extremely helpful. We were there early in the evening because east coast life picks up after 10, so not sure how busy they would get at night..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While the Split Crow May have a fine history, it’s present state is sorry. It smells terrible and feels sad.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Can't remember the last time we had to pay a cover charge to get into a pub and wouldn't do it again. At the bar my husband went through 3 beers shown on the board before they actually had one.Service was quite slow and I wouldn't say the pub was full. We found seats facing the band - Tristan Legg and the Mad dogs - and also the door. Seemed very selective as to whom they charged for entrance so maybe a tourist con was my feeling. I did quite enjoy the band, a mixture of well known and unknown songs. Just stayed for 2 drinks.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Nothing to set this place apart from other pubs in Halifax. There are lots of nicer pub with better food on the waterfront. I would not recommend this place to friends.

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

We went to this pub on our last evening in Halifax. We were there for happy hour so my Garrison IPA was on special. We had fish and chips to eat and it was really good. Great atmosphere at this pub and our server was excellent. Would certainly go back!

Reviewed January 29, 2017

I was here during a live music night. The band was absolutely fantastic, playing a range of music for all likes. The beer is cold and service fantastic. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

Typical prices, but power hour is a must! Often full and busy but quick and friendly service, great way to spend the night in Halifax

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Located close to the Halifax waterfront. It's a good decent pub with a good selection of food and beer at fair prices. In the evening they have live music.

Reviewed September 26, 2016

My wife Karen and I took a seat at the far end of the bar while Andy sang and played acoustic guitar on the small stage by the front door. Adrian poured us frosty local brews and made us feel quite at home. The place is full of cool clutter and has that "make yourself comfy and have fun" quality.

The Split crow is a nickname the locals gave the original Split Eagle when it opened with Nova Scotia's first liquor license in 1749. It offered good food, copious servings of grog and live music, as it still does. Back in the day ladies entertained gents and politics were discussed, which often lead to fights and Nova Scotia's first murder charge was one bar brawl result.

We split the shepherd's pie. It was tasty and filling for two. We enjoyed the fried pickles but beware of the deep fried pepperoni as it was a ticket to the heartburn express for both of us.

Locals as well as tourists frequent this Irish Bar and all seemed to play well together. We ate dinner here twice and would go back the next time we are in Halifax.

1  Thank CaptJeffL
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in mid-afternoon to have a few drinks and explore another piece of Halifax. They claim the Molson Canadian is served sub-zero, but that might be pushing it. It was definitely colder than the raspberry micro-brew I tried next. After 2 beers that were warm by the end, I switched things up to a Caesar. Apparently established in 1749 the building does offer some history. Pretty decent location, right near the waterfront. Service was fine, and they had two glass garage doors open to watch the city go by. A small patio was available outside as well. I would go back again.