“Very Good Pub”
Review of The Split Crow

The Split Crow
Ranked #7 of 17 Nightlife in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: Ahoy there: this lively maritime pub is noted for great brew, good cheer and entertainment for those on a budget.
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I like when a Pub is able to be a Pub. This place is not trying to be anything but what it is. The Split Crow is in a great location in downtown Halifax. The Crow is handy to other Pubs and Halifax attractions. The food is typical Pub Fare.... but executed very well. The burger are huge and quite delicious (they claim to be the best in Halifax but I give that to My Other Brother Darrell). The Shepherd Pie was okay (they shouldn't put brocolli in it, they should cook the carrots inside it a little more), the fish n chips are good (read my reviews on fish n chips.... it is a maritime staple that quite frankly is hard to screw up). I was pleasantly surprised by their apple crumble that was so buttery and sweet. In short, they are making great efforts for great pub-style food. The ambiance is true Nova Scotia, only the Lower Deck can pull off a more intimate setting. The short, if pub hopping this is a good place to start.

2  Thank Shrekman1969

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We decided to stop here solely because the patio is on a corner. Nice pub, the food was decent - chicken wings - not recommended, but my hot hamburger was great! Decent prices and good service.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Great atmosphere in a great neighbourhood with great live music. This kind of typified what a Halifax pub was to me before I arrived. I would definitely recommend checking this joint out if you are in Halifax especially if your a twenty or thirty something!

Reviewed October 14, 2010

This place is great, went there on a Wed night, live band was great, $3.99 pizza deal was amazing.

Oh and Doug made sure my beer was never empty lol

See more reviews
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stopped for dinner last night. The cream ale was excellent. The fish and chips not so much. The batter was too heavy and not fully cooked in some spots. One piece of fish was good, the other too fishy. The pirogi appetizer was not what I expected and just ok. But we hung out and drank more beer and enjoyed the band that played after 9pm. Don't expect the servers to come around often. Plan on a relaxing evening. I would recommend this place for the beer and music, but would caution them on the food. I also would not recommend this place for a quick bite or drink.