“great patio, great brews”
Review of The Split Crow

The Split Crow
Ranked #6 of 16 Nightlife in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: Ahoy there: this lively maritime pub is noted for great brew, good cheer and entertainment for those on a budget.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We decided to stop here solely because the patio is on a corner. Nice pub, the food was decent - chicken wings - not recommended, but my hot hamburger was great! Decent prices and good service.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Great atmosphere in a great neighbourhood with great live music. This kind of typified what a Halifax pub was to me before I arrived. I would definitely recommend checking this joint out if you are in Halifax especially if your a twenty or thirty something!

Reviewed October 14, 2010

This place is great, went there on a Wed night, live band was great, $3.99 pizza deal was amazing.

Oh and Doug made sure my beer was never empty lol

Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stopped for dinner last night. The cream ale was excellent. The fish and chips not so much. The batter was too heavy and not fully cooked in some spots. One piece of fish was good, the other too fishy. The pirogi appetizer was not what I expected and just ok. But we hung out and drank more beer and enjoyed the band that played after 9pm. Don't expect the servers to come around often. Plan on a relaxing evening. I would recommend this place for the beer and music, but would caution them on the food. I also would not recommend this place for a quick bite or drink.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Just popped in for a quick drink and stayed a little longer. The barman, Scottie, was very friendly and told us loads of history about Halifax. Good selection of flavoursome beers available at a good price