“Great atmosphere!”
Review of The Split Crow

The Split Crow
Ranked #5 of 15 Nightlife in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: Ahoy there: this lively maritime pub is noted for great brew, good cheer and entertainment for those on a budget.
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Great atmosphere in a great neighbourhood with great live music. This kind of typified what a Halifax pub was to me before I arrived. I would definitely recommend checking this joint out if you are in Halifax especially if your a twenty or thirty something!

There are newer reviews for The Split Crow

Reviewed October 14, 2010

This place is great, went there on a Wed night, live band was great, $3.99 pizza deal was amazing.

Oh and Doug made sure my beer was never empty lol

Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stopped for dinner last night. The cream ale was excellent. The fish and chips not so much. The batter was too heavy and not fully cooked in some spots. One piece of fish was good, the other too fishy. The pirogi appetizer was not what I expected and just ok. But we hung out and drank more beer and enjoyed the band that played after 9pm. Don't expect the servers to come around often. Plan on a relaxing evening. I would recommend this place for the beer and music, but would caution them on the food. I also would not recommend this place for a quick bite or drink.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Just popped in for a quick drink and stayed a little longer. The barman, Scottie, was very friendly and told us loads of history about Halifax. Good selection of flavoursome beers available at a good price

Reviewed June 2, 2009

I have been to this bar about a dozen or so times on very busy evenings and slow ones. All but 2 of those we had terrible service...over 2 hours to get a waiter to serve us and we were one of 10 customers there. After the last time, I will neither go there or recommend this place to anyone travelling to or living in Halifax.

I thought the food was ok at first until I read some citations they had against them by the food inspector...public info on the internet. If their kitchen is kept as poorly as their washrooms then it's no surprise.

There are some really great bands there though if your looking for entertainment, and lots of cheap watered down beer on there weekly Thursday and Saturday power hours...you'll find most of the 19 year olds there then.

It's unfortunate because this bar has a great patio and in a great location...they need to take better care of their customers and cleanliness.