“They Will Do All They Can to Rip You Off!”
Review of Casino Nova Scotia

Casino Nova Scotia
Book In Advance
More Info
$70.37*
and up
Small-Group Morning Kayak Tour and Breakfast in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: You're bound for some excitement with the spinning of roulette wheels, the sounds of slot bells ringing and friendly faces at this lively casino.
New York City, New York
“They Will Do All They Can to Rip You Off!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My one (and will be the only) visit to this casino was during a stop on my cruise, from New York. First of all, you can not play with US Dollars, which is understandable. However, they will make you convert your US Dollars at a rate of 1 US Dollar for 94 Cents Canadian, a loss of 6%, whereas at the port, the conversion rate was even, and a few merchants gave 1.02 Canadian for every US Dollar.
I first went to check out the pokerroom that only had 2 tables going on (I guess it could be slow on a Thursday afternoon). I asked the floorman for a seat for 2-5NL, and he saids there is no 2-5 game at the time. So I went to checkout the rest of the casino floor.
After borrowing 100 Canadian Dollars from one of my friends, and started playing the game called "Blackjack Switch". I am familiar with that game and played it a few times in Atlantic City. This game requires you to play 2 hands at a time, with a rule allowing you to switch the 2nd two cards dealt to you.
What annoyed me most was after playing for bout 5 minutes, I placed my bets for 2 hands and received 2 picture cards for a point count of 20 on both hands, which I made the hand signal to stand. The dealer than turns over his hole card and drew to a point count of 20, resulting in a push on both hands (no win, no loss). However, he then proceeded to quickly collected my chips on both hands, and even after I told him to stop, he ignored me and continue to collect chips from the other players next to me. I finally had to call the supervisor over to make him return my bets. Even if this was an innocent mistake, there was no apologies whatsoever, and he even gave me an angry look. It just seems they are so desperate to take the customer's money that they will stop at nothing. After that hand, I got up and cashed out; it was just too upsetting to play there.

Visited October 2012

Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pretty good for Canada”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I personally enjoyed the Titanic Theme. A very Large, and well maintained Casino. Nicely located on the boardwalk. Also depending when you go you can catch some great shows.

Visited July 2012
Saint Andrews, Canada
“It's a casino”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Slot machines of varying denominations. Poker room. Poker, roulette and blackjack on the floor.

Nothing special, but clean.

Visited October 2012
Apopka, Florida
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Smoke Free”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a well maintained if not large casino. They have a replica of the grand staircase from the Titanic and photos of the gravestones and cabin numbers of the Titanic casualties buried in Nova Scotia.

Visited September 2012
Halifax, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Food is on the south side of average”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have dined here many times and I find it just edible at best. I also find the portions very small for the price charged. It is like any other casinos but at least they still have the older style machines. Most of Great Canadian's casinos just have the newer electronic slots

Visited September 2012