“Visit every opportunity and you will find something you missed.”
Review of Bluenose II

Bluenose II
More attraction details
Owner description: Be part of the "wooden ships and iron men legacy" while touring a replica of the famed racing schooner.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A beautiful scooner recreated by Nova Scotians.......you should see her in full sail with a slight breeze....WOW

2  Thank Wally389
"tourists"
"display"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Make sure you stay overnight in one of the lovely inns or BandBs in downtown Lunenburg, tour the maritime museum, and get as close to the Bluenose II as you can. She is still be refitting and security is somewhat tight.....the masts/rigging were not installed when I wats there...but she is the progeny of a long line of great schooners......and testimony to skills of Maritime shipwrights.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were fortunate to be in Halifax when the refitted Bluenose II was launched. Not a big splash, but a slow (very slow) slide into the water on a cradle. An excellent musical performance in the evening.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Visiting family in Nova Scotia, Canada in Jan. 2012. We were not expecting to travel to Lunenburg on the early morning that we set out for Peggy's Cove, but one thing led to another and there we were, in a historic maritime town where we learned that the Bluenose II was being re-fitted and would be re-launched in 2012. We parked in the designated parking area and went into an office/gift shop to get some information on the Bluenose II. We were invited to dawn construction style hard hats and enter the enclosure where the work was being done. I can't tell you how priviledged I felt to be invited in and to spend a day in the history of this famous schooner. I was impressed with the whole package, top notch set up and the whole tour was very professional! We learned that the work site had two web cams set up by Nova Scotia Webcams so when we returned to our vacation apartment and went to the webcam site to see if we were in the 24 hour webcam feed. Sure enough we saw ourselves in the recorded 24 hour playback and were able to stop the playback at the part when we entered and we captured "stills pics" of ourselves there on site with our hard hats on! I was so excited at the prospect of seeing the Bluenose II being completed on the promised date, and to see her sail into Halifax Harbor for the Tallships event 2012. But as fate would have it, the schooner was not even close to being completed for the proposed dead-line, much less the Tallships event in Halifax, Nova Scotia!! I really was very disappointed! I was planning on attending the Bluenose II 's relaunch and was checking on reservations after I heard that she was to be relaunched with only two weeks to make arrangements to be there. After careful thinking, I decided to wait till she is in total completion and I travelled to Saint Andrews by the Sea instead. While I was in the gift shop/info. center, I purchased a large model of The Bluenose for $150.oo to help with the funds for her refitting, and I just love the model, but I will not take the model out of it's original box until The Bluenose II is sailing again, then I will celebrate her glory and her return to the sea. (BTW, I forgot to get a piece of her wood/planking with my gift shop purchase, and I wish I would have gotten one as it would be splendid to encase my ships model with an original piece of her to honor her! If anyone knows how I can obtain a piece of the old vessels wood plank, please contact me, many thanks and God Bless The Bluenose II.)