1,960 results
All reviewsheavenly bedelements restaurantfarmers markettrain stationnova scotiaan older hotelliquor storestarbucks coffeefront desk staffharbour viewhistoric hotelvalet parkingdowntown halifaxjesseyukpiersuperstore
Reviewed August 16, 2018

I was quite disappointed in my stay at the Westin in Halifax. My standards are extremely high as I have stated at a number of SPG properties across North America - always with a warm welcome and comfortable room. This one missed the mark. The room was old, outdated and not comfortable. I cant wait to go back to Halifax but will be looking elsewhere for a place to stay.

Stayed: October 2017
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

I am sorry you did not have a great stay with us. We are finalizing our room renovations and will be complete in the next few months.

Be well and hope you give us another try.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

While this is not the best Westin hotel I've stayed in (the boarded up windows in the back were unsightly; my daughter joked that they were for the Vampire Suite), it worked out well for my family and me due to its location near the harbour. We were only a short walk to the Farmer's Market and the Canadian Immigration Museum at Pier 21. Most of the hotel's staff were helpful, and the service at the bar and at Elements for dinner was good. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. On the negative side, it seems that management has not hired a sufficient number of housekeepers: Our room was not cleaned one day until my husband reminded the front desk (at 6 pm), at which point they did send someone in immediately to remove a baby crib (which we had not ordered) and replenish our soaps, etc. Overall, I was fine with our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Nova Scotian. I am happy you had an overall good stay and I do apologize for the plywood in some windows while we upgrade our hotel with new windows throughout. Along with the new windows, we are also renovating every guest room and should be complete in the next few months. I appreciate your comments on housekeeping and I will follow up with the team to see what happened during your visit.

Be well and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

My wife and I celebrated our wedding at the Westin Nova Scotian during the weekend of July 14, 2018. Although my wife is originally from Halifax, we live in New York and were anxious about planning the ceremony and reception from afar. Then we met Jeff Salterio, Wedding Specialist for the Westin Nova Scotian.

Jeff's experience and professionalism quickly put at ease (well, as much ease as a couple planning their wedding could possibly be anyway). We benefited enormously from his extensive network of contacts, but never felt pressured when exploring options beyond them. He helped keep us on track around all of the routine logistics, while also facilitating the more unique ,"us," elements of our wedding weekend. Jeff was friendly, accessible (answering hundreds of questions), and with us 100% of the way, throughout the year we worked together. Thank you Jeff!

Other reviews on this page have referenced some concerns relating to the ongoing renovations at the Westin during the summer of 2018. While it was shame that renovations weren't yet complete by our wedding weekend, the rooms that had already been renovated looked great and were extremely comfortable. I have no trouble imagining that hotel guests of the not-distant future will be uniformly and enthusiastically pleased!

That aside, our experience, and the experience of our wedding guests, was unquestionably excellent. The food, at our ceremony and the Westin's restaurant Elements, was delicious. The staff were gracious and accommodating. My aunt had "the best massage of her life" at Sykea salon and spa. And the Nova Scotian is walking distance to everything we wanted to see and/or do around downtown Halifax.

Book a room - you won't be sorry! And if you're looking to plan a wedding, ask for Jeff!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you Dan and congratulations to you and your wife on your wedding! I am happy that you had an awesome experience with us and that Jeff took such good care of you both on your special day. I will be sure and share your comments with him, it will make his day for sure! Thank you as well for the comments on the renovation, we are nearing the end and we look forward to every guest experiencing the new rooms.

Be well and congratulations again!

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Westin is known for its heavenly bed and this was on par. Very comfortable. The room was smallish. TV was small for the size of the wall space it was mounted on. Needed a tech support to get the Logitech system working. Seems to be a common problem. The tech guy was terrific and solved the prknlem.
One small window in the room. The bathroom was tiny and no counter space. Dreary decor in need of a fresh update. Repairs needed in common areas (baseboard torn off and hanging in hallway for example). The staff were friendly and excellent - very service oriented.
Excellent location close to good restaurants and Pier 21.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for staying with us J V and I do apologize that you did not have a true Westin experience. We are nearing the completion of our complete room renovation with only a handful of floors left to complete. We value your business and your feedback and hope we can show you a better stay next time when visiting Halifax.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I paid for two nights but left after one night--moved to another hotel in town...This Westin was doing renovations and their Air Conditioning was not working--at the end of July---they made no notice of this until I asked why the room was so hot...The internet worked and the window opened a tiny bit...which was nice and the location is good... fairly close to everything in town...I booked through a discounted service and was given a room beside the elevator with no view...perhaps the other rooms are better and hopefully they will have the AC back on soon. No warning of broken air conditioning is a deal-breaker for me--if you don't mind, then this Westin is probably not the worst option...

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Hi Maxwell,

Thank you for choosing the Westin and I apologize for the poor stay. We are in the process of renovating all guest rooms including an upgrade to our heating and cooling system. We have cooling for the rooms but with the extreme weather, we were unable to keep the building cool enough during the current heat warnings. I hope you will give us another try as we are nearing completion of the renovations.

John.