My husband and I decided after flying across the country for Christmas that we wanted a little vacation out of our week stay so we booked a week at the Westin Nova Scotian. It is located downtown Halifax and we got a complimentary upgrade with a king size bed and habour view. The hotel is next to a superstore, so that was convenient, considering we were there for a week and wanted some snacks and drinks in our room.
The service was excellent with how well they cleaned the rooms daily and they also have a new Stay Fit program where you can pay a small fee and borrow gym clothes - which was great as I forgot my shoes!
The only thing that surprised us was a hotel fundraising gala on a Thursday night happened to have a DJ with very loud music. Since we were on the 8th floor you would the sound would not travel, but it clearly did. Shows you the age of this hotel, it is beautiful, but definitely older. Mind you the beds are so heavenly at the Westin, it didn't take us long to fall asleep.
The other thing to note, is that parking is not underground and $19/day.
We would definitely stay again as it was a relaxing and very comfortable stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Nova Scotian, is located near Halifax Harbour. Steps from world-class shopping and dining opportunities, we are the ideal place to savor the sights and sounds of the beautiful city of Halifax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Nova Scotian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Nova Scotian Hotel Halifax
- Westin Hotel Halifax
- Westin Nova Scotian
- Westin Halifax
- Halifax Westin
- The Westin Nova Scotian Halifax, Nova Scotia