I stayed here for three nights during a 12-day trip in the Maritimes in which we stayed at 6 hotels for the road trip. This hotel had the smallest room of the properties in which we stayed. I'm an SPG Gold member, and presumably was therefore not given the worst rooms in the house, but the room I received was not only small, but faced the park rather than the harbor (even a 50:50 chance would have given me a harbor view!). The hotel is adjacent to the railway station, and next to the cruise ship terminal, so has a good location for those traveling by those methods. The parking lot is outdoors and without electrical plugs, so I don't know how that would work in the Canadian winters. I thought that the engine oil or antifreeze could freeze, but I must admit I know nothing of Canadian winters. It's a bit further (by about 500 meters) from the downtown action, but this isn't a big drawback (again, it might be more of a problem during the Canadian winters?).
I definitely have no complaints with respect to the handsome common areas, nor of the service. The swimming pool was rather small. The room was so small, though, that we had trouble finding a place to open our luggage. Think cruise ship cabin. Also, the A/C unit probably needs updating, and the double-paned windows had condensation between the two panes, making it difficult to see outside. Even the bathroom was tiny with barely room for one person.
I feel that this is an old property that needs some serious updating. It really didn't fit my idea of what a Westin should be, and I've stayed in a lot of Westins. So although nothing really went wrong with our stay, this was our most disappointing hotel. At least as SPG gold they comped our internet and parking. If you don't mind the tight quarters, you'll probably like the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Nova Scotian, is located near Halifax Harbour. Steps from world-class shopping and dining opportunities, we are the ideal place to savor the sights and sounds of the beautiful city of Halifax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Nova Scotian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Nova Scotian Hotel Halifax
- Westin Hotel Halifax
- Westin Nova Scotian
- Westin Halifax
- Halifax Westin
- The Westin Nova Scotian Halifax, Nova Scotia