“First Class Halifax Hotel”

Prince George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Tualatin, Oregon
“First Class Halifax Hotel”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Prince George Hotel twice and both times it was a delightful stay. The hotel has a charming old world feel, but with all the modern amenities. Both stays I arrived very late in the evening and was welcomed by the polite front desk staff who had me checked in and on my way to my room in 2 minutes flat!

Rooms are very nicely appointed, my first stay I was in a regular King room, spacious and nicely appointed. wireless Internet service was fast and the linens and decor were top notch.

On my second stay I was given a complementary upgrade to the King George Suite - and what a beautiful suite! Flat panel TV's in both rooms, wet bar, sunken spa tub and separate shower - the entire space was like beyond compare. Complementary continental breakfast was serve in my room, at the prearranged time I had requested. Fresh coffee and breads/pastries to choose from all delicious.

A word about the in house restaurant - Gio. It is spectacular!! On my first visit I hosted a dinner for 10 in a semi-private room that overlooked the rest of the dining area and bar. Service was without compromise and the food was fine gourmet - from the wine selection and specialty mixed drinks, to the main course (I recommend the 1.5 pound Lobster dinner) through to the deserts and after dinner drinks, it was spectacular.

On my last visit I just dropped in for a drink at the bar before closing time and found the staff to be very engaging, attractive and amusing! Even though it was past closing time on a Monday evening, I didn't feel rushed and had a second drink and a chat efore retiring to my suite.

Overall, my only regret is that I didn't stay longer in order to enjoy the Hotel and Halifax in general. If you're looking for a great downtown hotel for a business or pleasure stay, I highly recommend the Price George Hotel - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank NorCalAl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
London
Reviewed March 4, 2010

This hotel stands above most I've stayed in due to the condition of the facility, cleanliness, staff attitude, and value for the dollar. Short walking distance to many great restaurants and pubs and linked directly to the convention centre. Good food and service in the restaurant, overall a great experience and when I return to Halifax I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
St. John's
Reviewed February 26, 2010

The hotel is elegant, clean and the staff are very friendly. They go out of their way to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. The food in the GIO restaurant is amazing. I love the fact that you're in the heart of the city and everything is within walking distance.
I could say that the Prince George is a home away from home... but home was never this good!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Halifax
Reviewed February 25, 2010

My Wife and I wanted to go out for one night. We decided on the Prince George Hotel because we have hear only good things of it, and that they have one of the best restaurant in the city.
We are both in agreement that what we have heard was all true. The staff made us feel like we were Royalty.
The Restaurant Gio's is our favorite Restaurant in Halifax.

A big Thank you to the Staff of the Prince George Hotel and Gio's restaurant

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Halifax
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We live in the city and chose the hotel because they allow you to bring your pet. We had to move out of our house for several days during renovations and we enjoyed our stay very much. The cat was as welcome as we were.

We stayed in a king suite which was perfect for our family of 5. We used the pull-out sofa and had a cot.

We played tourist for our stay and enjoyed the walking distance to good restaurants and the Discovery Centre.

Parking was very convenient in the garage underneath the hotel.

We did not get to try the swimming pool because they were renovating it at the time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We booked a standard room with 2 beds for our 2 night stay. Upon arrival, checkin was fas and efficient. Upon going into our room, dissapointment set in. The website says that there is duvets on the beds, there was not, just a thin blanket. The valence and large curtain was missing from the window. The bathroom was the most absymal part of the room. Honestly, Super 8 has better washrooms. The soap and shampoo dispensers were mounted on the wall. No single use bottles or hand soap. Now...on to the shower...Me, being about 6'2-6'3, could not fit in the shower. It has a weird setup. There was about 2 inches down from the ceiling when entering the shower. The showerhead was mounted really low, it would have cleaned my feet at best. As well, there were cracks and chipped paint in the bathroom. Not exceptable for "the best hotel in Halifax". Upon bringing up to the front desk that we would be departing one night early, we got a cold "It's done" and we were sent back up to our room. In the room, there is a online based comment card. We filled it out. The next day we get a call from the manager. They offer us another room. We go and take a look. It was one of their suites! It was AMAZING! Full living room with an amazing view of Halifax, king bed and double sofabed in the livingroom, wirlpool tub in the bathroom and an open concept shower that I could actually use! It was great. They offered us this room at the same rate as the standard room that we were in. Enough about the room. The restaurant was great! Only ate breakfast there, but the buffet was exellent. Lots of choices for everyone. We did not get to use the pool, too many kids. All in all, the first room given was not up to standard based on what is promised on the website. They quickly fixed the issue tho, and upgraded us. I would not stay here again tho, simply because I do not have $300+ to shell out to get the suite.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Nova Scotia
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We always enjoy our stay at The Prince George. It has so much to offer from the beautiful comfy rooms to the great location. You can get to many near by locations without having to go outside. The staff is great and always fulfill any special requests.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple