“Excellent customer service”

Prince George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights, and was satisfied with my experience.

BUT, once I returned home I could not find my leather gloves, and figured I must have lost them in my travels. Normally this would just be an inconvenience, but these gloves were my mothers (she passed away 5 years ago) and I really felt comforted when I put them on.

I received a parcel today, from the Prince George Hotel... expedited delivery, my leather gloves.

This is Excellent customer service, as I had not even called requesting they check for me, as I had no idea where I had lost them.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate so much the return of my gloves.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Glad we could help PEI vacationers - see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Prince George Hotel

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff at this hotel are second to none in making sure your stay is excellent and all your needs are met. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. They go out of their way to make your stay top quality.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

With the best guests in the WORLD - thanks for sharing Laurie S.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I enjoyed the company Gala and the room, the food in the restaurant for breakfast left a lot to be desired. Also, the fact that the cleaning staff were dusting during our breakfast. He was told to do this by the hostess, even after he questioned should he be doing it at this time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

My apologies Paulette038 because I think this is 100% my fault. I was having breakfast with my kids beside the area our Housekeeping Team member was dusting and I noticed it was really dusty so I mentioned it to the hostess on my way out. I should have been more clear - again my apologies this is 100% on me.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Prince George Hotel offered a great deal on an overnight package with tickets to the Savoury Food&Wine Show. Friendly staff at reception, clean room, comfortable bed and complimentary breakfast. Great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Europe0609 - we appreciate your support of our Hotel.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Good value for money. Well appointed room, very comfortable bed. Courteous & helpful staff. Internet was spotty at times (required frequent logins) but other than that had a great experience. Crown Lounge was nice too.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thanks B T - see you again soon we hope.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

King room was very spacious and modern. Personally not a fan of the half wall open shower in the bathroom as water gets on the floor and I had to keep the bathmat there for absorbing the water itself but otherwise the room was very nice.

The front desk clerk who checked me in could use some additional training or show more care. The clerk beside her made sure to talk to the person checking in about the fitness facilities, dining room, etc while I got "is there anything you'd like to know about while I complete your check in?". Nothing about when the dining room opens for breakfast (not included with your stay), hours for Gio for lunch or supper service. Nothing at all.

Great location, door staff and valet service. Lobby under reno to make it look nicer. Lots of good things happening, just a few things to improve upon still.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you trvlcanada for reviewing your recent stay with us. The stand up showers are loved by many but we also have some guests like yourself who would prefer a traditional tub/shower and we still have plenty of those - just let us know when making your next reservation and we can will get you exactly what you need.

I will share your comments with the guest services team so they know how you felt with your checkin - I am sorry this impacted your visit with us - we have an awesome group of professionals who are commented on by so many guests that I wish your interaction didn't happen because I don't think it is the norm - Again my apologies for that experience

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Prince George is conveniently located, has ample parking, friendly staff, and a great restaurant. This is the hotel of choice when my wife accompanies me on business trips to Halifax. She always hits the pool and I visit the nearby Goodlife Fitness Center for my workout.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

<Mental-Note> make sure David S from Antigonish always has his wife with him when he comes to YHZ so he stays with his family from the PG......hmmm how will we make this happen?