“Work and Pleasure”

Prince George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Prince George is conveniently located, has ample parking, friendly staff, and a great restaurant. This is the hotel of choice when my wife accompanies me on business trips to Halifax. She always hits the pool and I visit the nearby Goodlife Fitness Center for my workout.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

<Mental-Note> make sure David S from Antigonish always has his wife with him when he comes to YHZ so he stays with his family from the PG......hmmm how will we make this happen?

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Restaurant could also offer a discount for members . The Westin does more than cater to those on a business expense account they also focus on weekend getaways. Thanks for the great two day stay while attending the conference.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us madartist - Your comments are timely because we are currently offering a special F&B package for our March Break guests and it might be something we do more often depending how things go. Thank you for letting us be your host.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I choose to stay at the Prince George annually for my Century 21 Awards Banquet. Regardless of the banquets being held in different hotel conference centers I believe there are none that provide the level of quality service that the Prince George has to offer. Thank you once again Prince George Hotel for making our stay the best.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Patricia C - Go Gold!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. It was clean, beautifully decorated, and the rooms were very, very nice. It will be beautiful once the renovations in the lobby are complete. Room service was very fast, wake-up call was prompt, and the onsite restaurant, Gio, was lovely (the food was delicious). Overall, the service was above average.

I loved the location, just a few blocks from the harbor, however I didn't love the time of year (February - it was very cold). I would definitely go back to this hotel - no complaints at all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you Sylvia K - Our Hotel provides a wayyyyy different experience in the spring, Summer and Fall because guests use our patio decks as a place to relax, eat, enjoy a drink, take in the beauty of our flower beds.... I know you would love the decks and I hope you get a chance to visit our awesome city (because that too is a different place when there isn't snow everywhere) when the weather is better. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Everything was great and I was impressed with the way my out of town friends raved about the location and the the bedding. The only bad part about the sleep was seeing the time on the clock and knowing you had to get up. Very comfortable. Best sleep in a long time!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

We always have a bed waiting for you Thomas V - thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great place , great service, even thought they were under renovations.
I do recommend valet service as was great for the value
Brunch is the best in the city, always fresh and service is great.

Great place to be.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am a huge fan of our brunch too Joyce W & I believe it is one of our best kept secrets. I just wish I could exercise some control when I go there - lol. The carved items & sushi get me every time! Thanks for the review.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Prince George. It is a very well looked after friendly hotel, with an extremely helpful staff. We spent most of our time at the pool area when we weren't in the room and enjoyed the family friendly facilities. Unfortunately our room was located near the elevator so it was a little noisy as guests returned from the night out. The room comfortable slept the four of us (2 double beds) and was clean and tidy. We could have done with some garbage bags in the cans to seal stinky diapers, and I could find no garbage facilities outside of the room to take the smelly contents. Overall we enjoyed the stay, we were comfortable and would return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Next time Ross B just give us a quick call and we will get rid of those smelly-ol-diapers (I don't miss those days - LOL) Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your kind words.