“Exceeded expectations once again”

Prince George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our second stay at the Prince George and we enjoyed it even more this time. We are usually cabin in the woods types, but I was recently awarded my PhD and my husband wanted to give me a special treat. This hotel, with breakfast in bed overlooking the harbor, was my first choice.

The downtown Halifax location is incredibly convenient for museums and restaurants. Most of all, the friendly staff treated our Labrador mix like royalty. Not only is the Prince George pet friendly, but positively welcomes dogs with a pet goodie bag (included with the very reasonable $25 pet fee).

We will certainly return again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a harbor view on the sixth floor. You get access to the comfortable lounge, which...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Congratulations DaisyMaeVermont on the PhD - when can we expect the three of you for visit number 3? Soon we hope.

There are newer reviews for Prince George Hotel

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Prince George. It has a great location, easy to walk to restaurants, harborfront and other attractions. Rooms are very clean, bathrooms are nicely updated and we were impressed with their 'green' efforts. Hotel was quiet and staff was friendly and helpful. We had free parking which was a nice touch. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor which was very quiet... had a bit of a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks Travellover3000 - can we count on seeing you again very soon?

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for a recent conference at the World Trade & Convention Centre, which is conveniently connected to the hotel via an underground walkway -- although I suggest you take every opportunity to walk the streets of Halifax instead. Nice location, just down from the Citadel and a stroll away from the port. Loads of bars and restaurants close by. Make sure to take in the live maritime music while in town. A group of us went to the Lower Deck pub and had a great time, and the band "Shaydid" had everyone on their feet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Seat11a - I would love to know what the screen name means - I envision a seat at the Bell Centre but perhaps that's just wishful wishful thinking on my part - Go Habs & long live Shaydid!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Prince George Hotel a couple of weeks ago. Nice rooms, excellent service, nice breakfast and a good restaurant. Can you wish for more?
The staff was helpful in both recommending restaurants (Five Fishermen, Keg, The bicycle thief).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing us OyFyJe - Halifax has lots of tremendous hotels and I am glad to know we didn't disappoint. Coming back any time soon?

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nothing special. Nothing wrong. Service was adequate, rooms were nice enough. No problems. We did not pay for the room directly, it was part of the Maritimes Tour, so don't know if it was a value, but the location was great. It was clean, and bright.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Katrinay505.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is my second time staying here. The other time was only last month to attend a concert at the Metro Centre! Both times we had an excellent stay! Staff were friendly! The box breakfast was an excellent idea!

• Stayed: September 2013

Do I hear a third time 875Laurie1968? We hope!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have just stayed at The Prince George Hotel for three nights at the beginning of our Maritimes trip and three nights at the end. First the positives. This hotel in fantastically positioned for all that you would want to see in Halifax which is a lovely city. The staff with the exception of one receptionist and one concierge were really friendly and helpful.The room was very roomy and the bathroom shower etc very comfortable. The breakfasts were exceptionally brilliant and there was something for everyone and so cannot be faulted in any way.The public areas were very warm and had a comfortable feeling. Now for the negatives which spoilt an otherwise good experience. I think for the money that you pay to stay here that dressing gowns should be provided. We were travelling for three weeks in Nova Scotia so did not bring heavy weighing dressing gowns as we stayed in establishments that we would consider to provide these types of amenities ( the majority did ! ). We had valet parking for our car which mainly worked well except on the one occasion it took half an hour for our car to arrive resulting in a missed trip and on another occasion I received the keys for another guest's car! We also booked to dine in the Gio restaurant with the concierge but on checking this later found that we had not been booked in so they missed out on us eating there.My main grouse is that when paying my account I was charged for two breakfasts that we did not have. Also I payed my last account but when I got back to the UK found that the amount they claimed on my credit account had been increased. I would accept this if they would have the courtesy to answer my emails for an explanation. To date they have failed so to do so I have queried this with Amex who are being very helpful. So it was a lovely visit spoilt by very small annoying factors which all add up. I think that the Customer Service Department of this Hotel just need to tighten up on the little things and then will have an excellent hotel instead of a "very good average " hotel.
Terry & Jane Smart.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I wish the "niggles" didn't happen Terry S because we take a lot of pride in what we do and I think we would have gotten a much better grade from you if it weren't for those nuisances - my apologies - appreciate you reviewing the hotel.