“Excellent stay”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
St. Peter's, Canada
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is my second time staying here. The other time was only last month to attend a concert at the Metro Centre! Both times we had an excellent stay! Staff were friendly! The box breakfast was an excellent idea!

• Stayed September 2013
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Do I hear a third time 875Laurie1968? We hope!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Hyde, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have just stayed at The Prince George Hotel for three nights at the beginning of our Maritimes trip and three nights at the end. First the positives. This hotel in fantastically positioned for all that you would want to see in Halifax which is a lovely city. The staff with the exception of one receptionist and one concierge were really friendly and helpful.The room was very roomy and the bathroom shower etc very comfortable. The breakfasts were exceptionally brilliant and there was something for everyone and so cannot be faulted in any way.The public areas were very warm and had a comfortable feeling. Now for the negatives which spoilt an otherwise good experience. I think for the money that you pay to stay here that dressing gowns should be provided. We were travelling for three weeks in Nova Scotia so did not bring heavy weighing dressing gowns as we stayed in establishments that we would consider to provide these types of amenities ( the majority did ! ). We had valet parking for our car which mainly worked well except on the one occasion it took half an hour for our car to arrive resulting in a missed trip and on another occasion I received the keys for another guest's car! We also booked to dine in the Gio restaurant with the concierge but on checking this later found that we had not been booked in so they missed out on us eating there.My main grouse is that when paying my account I was charged for two breakfasts that we did not have. Also I payed my last account but when I got back to the UK found that the amount they claimed on my credit account had been increased. I would accept this if they would have the courtesy to answer my emails for an explanation. To date they have failed so to do so I have queried this with Amex who are being very helpful. So it was a lovely visit spoilt by very small annoying factors which all add up. I think that the Customer Service Department of this Hotel just need to tighten up on the little things and then will have an excellent hotel instead of a "very good average " hotel.
Terry & Jane Smart.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I wish the "niggles" didn't happen Terry S because we take a lot of pride in what we do and I think we would have gotten a much better grade from you if it weren't for those nuisances - my apologies - appreciate you reviewing the hotel.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I reserved an hotel on www.hotwire.com so the name of this hotel was disclosed only at the end of the booking process..What a surprise !!!
Rooms very comfortable and clean.. We were a group so they reserved two rooms connected to each other.
Breakfast is very good and the service is great. The waitresses are very very kind and attentive. We were pampered by them. They gave us suggestions about what to do in Halifax and attractions.

... But the star of the hotel was the restaurant Gio. Amazing food and unbelivable service.
We tasted the lunch menu on a sunday night and it was great. The restaurant has another menu for dinner but we did not have time to try it. As we were walking around and tired, We wanted to taste more local and simple food, so for my surprise the restaurant gave us a chance to taste the lunch menu during a weekday instead having more sofisticated menu. They just sympathize with our needs.. Amazing.. I hope you have a chance to meet Terry at Gios restaurant.What an adorable and professional person !

By the way the hotel is very well located.. Walking distance to all mainly attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Luciana A . I am glad you tried our restaurant gio - did anyone tell you we are the only CAA/AAA 4 diamond hotel in Atlantic Canada that has a 4 diamond restaurant in it? (Shameless plug I know - lol but had the opportunity so I dove for it). We appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit with us.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Three cheers for the hotel that puts makeup mirrors into what are usually very badly lit bathrooms. This one even had a magnifying lens on in...perfect for contact wearers. Clean, great location, great accommodating staff, comfortable...but it was about $50 more expensive than I would have priced it.

Room Tip: The rooms are almost identical between the fourth and sixth floor, the sixth floor is where they hav...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us Nala335. I am glad to know you enjoyed your time with us. See you soon we hope.
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Prince George is in a good central location, handy for visiting The Citadel, the harbour and all the other attractions that Halifax has to offer. The staff were welcoming and helpful and informative over where to eat, what to do etc. We stayed twice at this hotel during our visit to the Maritimes, once at the beginning of the holiday for 4 nights and then at the end of our holiday for 3 nights. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the in room tea/coffee maker was most welcome. My only gripe would be the lack of breakfast included in the room rate but this seems to be the norm with North American hotels and is fast becoming the norm here in the UK. We did opt for Sunday brunch on our second visit to the Prince George, which we felt was good value for money - plenty of choice and well presented. All in all a pleasant experience staying here. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I love our Sunday Brunch MrsB30 and I am glad you did too. Thank you for mentioning it and for staying with us not once but twice on your Maritime adventure.
Fredericton
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Prince George many times over the last few years. The rooms are pretty average, however the service, pricing and location is Excellent! The staff are very friendly. The bathrooms are stocked with Aveda products. The lobby is beautiful. Gio is next door .. The Keg across the street .. and my fav restaurant in Halifax The Press Gang is right around the corner. Its an easy walk to down to the harbour. Also as an animal lover, this is also a dog friendly hotel. All in all I highly recommend. And we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks TonyaRenee for your continued support - see you soon!
Halifax
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel is in a very good location, friendly staff and a warm welcome. We stayed 2 nights and were very comfortable.
I do think it would be nice if breakfast was included in the price but this is my only issue.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Check our website direct Susan P prior to your next visit to YHZ - we almost always have terrific packages available that include meals, event tickets, parking etc. that add lots of value to your stay.