“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Qualicum Beach, BC
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff at this hotel are outstanding (special mention to Colin, Candice and Martin). They treated me so well from start to finish. I had been travelling all night from the west coast and they were very sensitive to that fact and made sure I was comfortable and and seen to quickly. My room was beautiful....very large, clean with a nice view that looked out to the Citidel area. My bathroom was ultra modern, spacious and exceptionally clean. The external room noise was very quiet.....I couldn't hear traffic or other guests. A good nights sleep for my 2 nights here was wonderful and appreciated. I loved the location being so central to everywhere in Halifax. Thank you for a great stay and I hope to return again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
You forgot one thing Gema28..... Amazing Guest! We look forward to welcoming you back..... thank you for your kind comments about the team and especially for the shout out to Colin, Candace & Martin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Booked a room, after finding a Special Deal on line, low room rate and a choice of either complimentary breakfast or free parking and was told by reservations they would confirm this by email. Confirmed this deal on checking in again, but when we checked out were charged full rate, full parking full breakfast. After dropping a note to this effect to the hotel were promptly called to say we would be reimbursed for the overcharge. They were polite and considerate and honoured their commitment. What more could we ask. Changed our minds about never going back, and will certainly stay again. Lovely boutique property and excellent service. I did have a battle with the dispensers of shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom - without eyeglasses on couldn't get them to work. Also could have used some body lotion. Nice to find somewhere with a room refrigerator. Dinner (special function) in Brio was amazing and breakfast service speedy and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator - corridors can be long after a party.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Jalapin and thank you for mentioning we redeemed ourself with the rate error. I am glad you enjoyed your meal in GIO as well and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.... after all we are only 1 1/2 hours away from you.
Moncton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The service was good. The room was a bit dusty. location was good.
We ordered room service following our arrival at the hotel. Service was quick and efficient but the food was not very good. In the morning we had breakfast at the Terrace. We were seated immediately but waited approximately 10-12 minutes before a server took our order and it took even longer to get our food. We both ordered an egg white omelette. I asked for all the meat to be removed from the omelette and only keep the veggies. When we finally received our order, my omelette had sausages in it. It was very greasy and did not taste very good. The server never followed up with us and did not even offer a glass of water. For that reason, I would not recommend this hotel and would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AMaltais
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi AMaltais - I loved the first two points in the title of your review and then came the third.......... I am sorry we let you down with breakfast but I am hoping you take me up on my offer this morning so we can prove to you this wasn't an error we will duplicate in our Terrace Restaurant. I hope we get a chance to show you.
Bedale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

lovely hotel to begin our nova scotia stay - central to halifax though parking is difficult in vicinity and parking at hotel is pricey if you are staying for a few nights ($20 a night plus taxes). Room was excellent and the breakfast was very good value for money and well presented. Good location for looking around halifax.

Room Tip: King size bed is worth having!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello JMG685 and thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were a match for needs on this visit to Halifax..... ps: Good tip - I agree.... a king size bed is definitely worth the upgrade.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great room, amenities, clean and well kept. Helpful staff. Situated nicely between the Citadel and harbour, a row of good restaurants. Only suggestion is body lotion is not provided as part of base toiletries, it should be.
I'd return here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Notes have been made on your permanent account Alma S and the next time you stay with us lotion will be in your room for sure and if it isn't I will take you to Spring Garden Road (which is a very close, gorgeous shopping area close to the hotel) and buy you your favorite lotion. Deal? I hope the next stay is soon so we can deliver on the promise that was just made. See you soon we hope.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times before (and posted one other review on tripadvisor). The hotel continues to be my choice of property when traveling to Halifax. While at the Prince George, we used room service, which was prompt and tasty, and the pool area, which was neat and tasteful. The bed was comfortable and the room was functionally appointed. My only small constructive comment would be to ensure that there are more porters/valet personnel available. There was nobody available to assist us with our many bags and parcels when we arrived. Our truck was taken to be parked not to long after that, however, so the hotel may have been understaffed that night. Will return to the Prince George again!

Room Tip: higher floors are better, Crown Service is the best.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello JellybeanandBug - thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Prince George Hotel and I am glad to know we are your go to spot in YHZ. My apologies for the absence of Bellmen in the lobby when you needed us the most. We have played around with staffing in the lobby and have tried stationing a doorperson who never leaves that area so we always have presence at the front door for instances like you described but they usually seem to get taken away with a valeted vehicle, request for directions and even the odd errand running to the store. I can assure you we are never satisfied so we will keep trying to get it perfect.

We have an exciting lobby renovation that will see our front desk change considerably (in structure not with our amazing staff :)) which should allow our Guest Service professionals to have more freedom and be where our guests need us to be. My fingers are crossed this happens before 2013 comes to an end so please let us know what you think when it is completed. Sorry for the long response and thank you again for your loyalty to us - we truly appreciate it.
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Friendly - professional staff great you upon arrival... We stayed in an executive suite - which was quite stunning, 2 separate bathrooms is quite convenient! Large room with separate living room, tastefully decorated. Kerig coffee machine was nice with bottled water available without charge in the mini fridge. Access to the snack/breakfast room with specialized coffee's and some breakfast items including drinks and water - again without charge was outstanding (reminded me of Airport Lounges). Underground parking was for a fee but felt relatively secure with elevator access. Indoor pool and spa was open late - a nice treat considering the weather was a little cold during our visit. Overall positive experience - definitely recommend! A+

Room Tip: Sixth floor with access to the lounge is where it's at!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi J0nathan74 and thank you for posting a review. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and I think your "tip" is a good one since all rooms & suites on our Crown Floor have access to the Crown Lounge. The lounge is relatively new and to be honest a pretty cool feature within our hotel that adds value for sure. Thanks again for sharing and we hope to see you again very soon.