Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
FourPoints.com
$122
$113
Hotels.com
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Restaurant
$266
$251
Doubletree.com
$195
$178
  • Breakfast included
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$186
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$278
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$89
The Westin Nova Scotian(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$174
$158
Westin.com
Delta Hotels Halifax(Halifax)
$197
Travelocity
1,301 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungegreat locationcows ice creamlower deckhistoric propertiescasino nova scotiawater viewharbour frontwithin walking distancehotel restaurantboard walkmaritime museumbreakfast buffetwaterfront boardwalkper dayfront desk staffcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Hotel was under construction which we were not made aware of prior to booking so some areas and features were not available. Parking was $20 a day. Pool was cold but not too deep which was a plus with a child. Hotel was pretty busy so noise level in the room was a bit disappointing.

On the positive side the Staff were friendly and helpful. Great location and having direct connection to the pedaway was convienent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HalifaxMarriott, Public Relations Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and are glad you had the opportunity to experience our superior service and unbeatable location. We apologize that you were not made aware of the renovations prior to booking with us, and hope to see you in the future to experience our amazing new lobby and restaurant!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I hold a very special place in my heart for this hotel! Maybe it was due to the cross-country red-eye flight from Vancouver to Halifax I was on, or maybe because I ahd spent 9 days sleeping on what felt like cardboard boxes in other hotels...but i swear, this place has the comfiest bed and fluffiest pillows I've ever encountered. I never wanted to leave. Rooms are clean, fairly well-sized, and the price is VERY good considering the amazing location of this hotel. Staff is awesome and were waiting at the door to help me with my monstrous luggage (a girl travelling on business for 2 weeks packs heavy!), and check-in was quick and effortless even if I was so exhausted I could barely get two words out.

Great pub downstairs, and great pubs beside it. Despite the Lower Deck being a stone's throw away, you can't hear a peep in your room.

Really love it here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us. It is always nice to hear how much we can positively impact the travel of our valued guests. Since your say with us, we have undergone a $5 million renovation on our lobby level and with our food and beverage outlets. We hope to see you again so you can enjoy our new lobby and the harbourstone sea grill & pour house, which is our remarkable new restaurant that has taken place of our previous pub and restaurant.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We always book this hotel when travelling to Halifax - about 2-4 times per year. We have always found the rooms to be clean and comfortable.

We appreciate the skywalk connecting the hotel to the casino - very convenient. Also doesn't hurt that the Lower Deck Pub is right next door. During our summer stays it's great to walk out of the hotel and walk along the board walk of the Halifax harbour. This is the perfect hotel to stay in to take in the Tall Ships Festival or the "International Busker's Festival - we did both this year.

Our son loves the Starbuck's coffee shop in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HalifaxMarriott, Public Relations Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

We love that you are so loyal to our one of a kind hotel. Thank you for sharing some of your experiences! Our unbeatable location, excellent guest service and upbeat surroundings are all to thank for ensuring a wonderful stay upon every return. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Not much to complain about here.
The staff were great; the rooms (I stayed in two) were nothing amazing but were clean and comfortable and quiet; the value for the rate I had was very good. The exercise room was very good - among the best i've seen in a "business" hotel - but the pool was a little bit cold for me.
I got off the elevator and thick cigarette smoke smacked me in the face on a nonsmoking floor. It wasn't the hotel's fault that someone was smoking in a nonsmoking room. I dropped a bag in the room and mentioned it to the front desk without making a big deal on my way out to grab some food. They handled it great: they seemed glad to hear, and an hour later the smoke was gone and there was some sort of deodorizer machine set up in the hallway.
The hotel is under renos but this didn't affect a very positive experience for me. I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Although problems do arise, our highly trained associates are always quick to act and rectify any problematic situation that they may be faced with. We are excited about our renovations and launching our new superior lobby and hotel restaurant in early April. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My main compaint with this hotel is the noise level. It resulted in very poor sleep during the 4 nights i was there. Basically the door of your room has a huge gap around it...so big a gap that at night your room will be litterally lit up by the hallway lighting. Along with that, the hallway noise is obviously a problem. Furthermore the walls are paper-thin and yOu will hear everything happening in your neighbour's room. I couldn't wait to check out!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yorom

We would like to sincerely apologize that your stay with us was problematic and did not meet your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and the valuable insight.