“Awesome food, and plenty for leftovers!”
Review of Talay Thai

Talay Thai
Ranked #64 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My girlfriend actually introduced me to this place. The only negative thing I can say, is that if you're trying to portion your food... This isn't for you, unless you have a lot of will power! (Which isn't really a bad thing). The portions are plentiful and the food is Fantastic..

If you like Thai food, give this place a try. But be prepared to fork out a little bit of cash. Not too over priced, but if you want to try/order a couple different items, then the bill racks up fairly quickly.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I went last Friday night without a reservation and the staff were able to seat us however you should have a reservation for this very busy restaurant. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu and suggested what we might like. She was right!!! excellent food...fairly large servings. Everyone was very pleasant and service very prompt. We would definitely recommend this restaurant for both food and service!!!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I find this place offers a really good, fresh and clean, Thai food. Service staff are very friendly and price is reasonable. I highly recommend this place if you want Thai food that taste great and not dipped in oil.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a cozy night in and took a chance ordering Thai from here on a friend's recommendation. I have a few favourite Thai places at home, but the cashew chicken and spring rolls from this place knocked my socks off. Huge portions, prefect sticky rice, and loaded with chicken and crisp vegetables. Not too hot or too mild. Yum.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited Talay Thai based on the many good reviews. I was disappointed by the food which I did not find to be particularly tasty. I liked the crispy ness of the spring rolls but the veggies inside were very big chewy and tasteless. My Penang curry was very pedestrian not too spicy but not complex either the peanuts were kind of soggy to the tooth and tasted boiled for lack of a better description. Maybe I am being too fussy or had too high expectations but only very average at best. Service was good and attentive and it's a cute and convenient location.