“One of my favorite spots!”
Review of Talay Thai

Talay Thai
Ranked #33 of 775 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Best Thai food in Halifax.
Cozy atmosphere
Fast service
Excellent value
Fresh, spicy when it should be and always enough to take home for the next days lunch :)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I got take out from this place. I really enjoyed it! The tofu was good, sauce was great. Overall really yummy!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I found the dishes fresh, flavourful and traditional. I thought the Pad Thai Chicken was spot on with that blend of sweet and spice. I would recommend this restaurant for the traditional Thai fare. The negatives are: no parking lot, spartan atmosphere, small washrooms, not suitable for large groups (due to layout) and a tad pricey.

If you are in the downtown core in a small group.... this Thai is for you.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stopped in during a foodie walking tour of Halifax, and had a sample of their egg rolls... Crisp, flavorful, excellent presentation. We were given som background on the owners story which makes it even better. I wish I could spend more time in Halifax to come back and try more!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We decided to eat at this restaurant based on the number of good reviews on Trip Advisor. I have to say based on our experience this place was overrated. The restaurant it self was clean and the decor was pleasant.
The food was another story. The Pad Thai was almost flavourless, I say almost because all you could really taste was how salty it was. The Mixed Vegetable dish was cooked so that the vegetables were still a bit crisp, a good thing, but again no real flavour.
This restaurant should not allow their staff to chew gum while serving customers food.

3  Thank Singent