“Very good”
Review of Estia - CLOSED

Estia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: Emulating a quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Greece, Estia offers traditional Greek cuisine made from favorite family recipes as well as an eclectic mix of contemporary meat, seafood, pasta and vegetarian dishes. A variety of Pitas, paninis, wraps and sandwiches satisfy those looking for lighter fare, and a selection of gluten free and vegan options make Estia a casual dining destination to satisfy all palates.
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I love Greek food but as a vegetarian some of the options are limited. I was very pleased to see they offered a vegetarian moussaka as well as the standard meat one. It was absolutely delicious, very flavourful and the portion sizes were perfect. My friends had the regular moussaka and agreed it was one of the best they have had. The service offered was attentive without being annoying which is always appreciated. The dishes were very reasonably priced as well. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Great place, nice location, the staff was really nice (the girl was a bit fake-ish, but very nice and helpful), and I really enjoyed the atmosphere - a bit dark, not too dark, blue/white/wooden things, looks great from the outside and from the inside and they played nice music.

I am not a vegetarian, but I am not fond of the Greek meat dishes in general, so I went with one of their vegetarian dishes. It's a great place for vegetarians as half of their menu is without meat/fish. I had the tzatziki with pita as a starter - it was truly delicious! Then I had some spinach pie, which was good, but the one I make at home is better. The pastry was quite thick and it could use some more spices, maybe nuts, and more feta. The salad and potatoes that came with the pie were excellent though!

Reviewed July 25, 2010

The staff here was polite and accommodating. The serve brunch until 3pm. The food was very good and the ingredients were top quality. I had the smoked salmon eggs benedict, fruit salad, potoes, and a mimosa with blue berries.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

This restaurant is a great addition to Spring Garden Rd. The wait staff are excellent and not phoney (as so many are) - thank you. We felt so comfortable from the minute we walked in. Had the Greek briam and it was the absolute best I have ever had (even better than the many I sampled in Greece). My husband enjoyed an orzo/lamb dish that was seasoned perfectly. We definitely did not have space left for dessert. Yes, we will go back there and very soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2010

Perfect - great - flavorful.
What more can you say about this fine restaurant. Support this place - it has it all.