“Estia will leave you Ecstatic. Wake-up your taste buds n savour each bite. Amazing food, service, value n atmosphere. 10 out of”
Review of Estia - CLOSED

Estia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: Emulating a quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Greece, Estia offers traditional Greek cuisine made from favorite family recipes as well as an eclectic mix of contemporary meat, seafood, pasta and vegetarian dishes. A variety of Pitas, paninis, wraps and sandwiches satisfy those looking for lighter fare, and a selection of gluten free and vegan options make Estia a casual dining destination to satisfy all palates.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Need I say more? The title sums it up and you should definitely go and eat it up. The entire experience was excellent. I visited this restaurant simply because of the high rating on TripAdvisor. I felt compelled to write this favourable review since it absolutely lived up to expectations.

In today's world with so many mediocre restaurants it is so difficult to find an awesome place to eat, especially being vegetarian it's even tougher. However, I can go on and on about this place but get up - put your shoes on and head over there n let your mouth do the chewing n then Your mouth do the talking telling others how wonderful the experience. Enjoy!!!

• Visited September 2012

Toronto
“Good spot to dine in Halifax”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although I cannot rave about this place unlike most other reviews, we did have a good time having a late dinner here. The best thing about the place were the Greek Nachos and the service. Our waiter was very attentive, provided detail on dishes when asked. The Greek Nachos were extremely good and all the other dishes while good, did not leave a lasting impression. Nonetheless, if I am ever in the area, will give this another try.

• Visited July 2013
new york
“Best meal in Halifax by far!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

After two dinners in Halifax (one was pretty awful, and very expensive, and the other was mediocre and reasonable) we finally found a winner. I also have to note that I am a vegetarian, my husband is a meat eater, and we have two young children, and Estia was able to satisfy all of our eating needs! My husband had the rack of lamb with round potatoes, which he really enjoyed, my girls had grilled chicken and chicken souvlaki, and I had the BEST vegetarian moussaka on the planet. They served it with a different kind of roasted potato than my husband had, and a small salad. It was delicious. I tried to get the recipe off the owner, but he would not tell. So unless I find something comparable somewhere else, I will have to return someday!

Stuttgart, Germany
“BEST FOOD in Halifax for sure - recommendation to anyone”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Me and My brother went to Estia for lunch last week. I had eaten there many times before but it was the first time for my brother. We had the chicken spinach lunchsize penne and the smoked salmon pasta. Both were delicious and perfect sizes. The free bread with the fantastic olive oil were a nice addition to our meal. The atmosphere was very nice as well. The high ceiling makes the whole place a little more quiet and allowes to have a nice conversation without yelling across the table even when it gets busy. My brother was very impressed and definitely wants to come back.
Overall a wonderful experience. I recommend it to anyone to try it themselves!

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent food and great service.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Wow, what a great restaurant! This was our first time here and I am very impressed. Service was excellent, speed was great and the food was very good. I found the atmosphere to be great but that always depends on who you go with as well. No outdoor seating which would have been very nice if there was room.