“Very Good Pub - My Favorite in Halifax”

Durty Nelly's Authentic Irish Pub
Ranked #14 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went to this pub for some live music on a Thursday night in March 2014 based on a recommendation from a waiter at another pub, and had a great time; very good food, decent & reasonably priced drink specials and the music was great. In fact, there were two bands, and this was the only venue I found during my stay in Halifax (4 days) that had the true East Coast music I was looking for.

Highly recommended.

Go early in the evening though, or you won't get in. Halifax seems to be a hard place to get out and enjoy yourself on the weekends, there are far too many people and just not enough pubs (good ones, at least). Plan on standing in line, and good luck getting a table if it's later on in the evening...............

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Durty Nelly's is a treat any given Saturday. They have a great matinee every Saturday with father-son duo "Bruce &Jay"...a must visit when in Halifax. People go for late lunch and don't leave. The staff are very accommodating and the food is an endless flow from the kitchen. Some of the coldest draft in town!

1  Thank Marion D
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had a burger and it was excellent. Real beef, none of that processed stuff. The waitress, well, her service wasn't very good.
We were two females and one male, and she only paid any attention to the male. Very unprofessional.
One of the odd things for the food part, I asked for no mustard, mayo instead, and they wanted to charge. Now who charges for mayo on a burger.. that's ridiculous. Needless to say, I wasn't paying for something that should be free, so I ate my burger dry.
If your looking for live music and not talking to people, then this is the place to go. They have great bands, but the music is way too loud... and we were the furthest seated from the band. Had to scream to get heard.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The best service I've had at a pub in a long time. Our waitress was fantastic, and knew what we needed before we did!

Friendly people, fun atmosphere. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Bar hopping with a bunch of us. Unfortunately I fall asleep if I have too many wines. Fell asleep n bouncer "escorted " me out. Have black eye. Lol f'n as$holes there. DON't go there for good time. We spending big $$$$$. Lots of other places. If wasn't so drunk to remember would have gone back next day to charge the as$hole bouncer. Just a small guy. Bouncer a little excessive

2  Thank wem_sucks