“Things kept fresh..”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

A fabulous spot that's kid friendly. Only one high chair so be sure to reserve it if you can. Menu changes to reflect the county's bounty so you know there's fresh stuff being served. Good selection of drinks and even their feature cocktail rotates monthly. Loved the seafood dishes we had!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Best burger we had in Nova Scotia. Wine selection was good as well. A very neighborhood type of place.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The service was excellent and the waiter knew the menu well. We all enjoyed our appetizers and found they were the highlight of the meal. I recommend the Dragons Breath Salad and Risotto in particular. The menu changes daily which makes it interesting but neither the duck nor the salmon were stars for us. The olive oil cake was enjoyed but the cheesecake once again was okay. I have had meals I enjoyed more at this location at lunch so will be back. However, when you spend over $250 for a meal for four with only one bottle of wine you want to be wowed. Most of the tables were filled at this obviously popular neighborhood restaurant so you should try it for yourself.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

On a weekend in May I attended the brooklyn warehouse as part of a birthday celebration. We waited for approximately 45 minutes for drinks to be served - I ordered an app (salad) and bread was not brought (until we asked twice) for remaining nine people at the table. It was somewhat uncomfortable to be eating a salad when the others were getting to a very hungry point. I ordered a pasta dish (which was not in any way memorable) and given the poor service and long wait for anything no one ordered dessert. I will never go again (third time and each e experience worse than last). It is a shame as I live near by and I am one of a growing number of people who enjoy this end of the city and I am keen to see more restaurants survive in this area. I think the restaurant is merely a trendy spot which will not survive. The menu is limited . Salad was good. Overall experience annoying at a good amount of money. I did not want to kick up a fuss that night in that it might have made the organizer of the birthday group feel bad and I have intended to write a report since. However, a recent article in the paper extolling the virtues of this place has prompted me to follow up on this. Advice to owners: get more and better staff, change menu a great deal and ensure tasty food and consistency. Haven't had any of these in my three visits...... "

4  Thank 747Foodie
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Brooklyn Warehouse is another example of the excellent food scene outside of the downtown core. The menu changes daily and I wish I could go back to see what is in store today. The chef tries to offer some items that you don't always see. For example the smorgasboard of the day was primarily rabbit products that were delicious and a little unusual. The beef shank ragout was excellent as well, so tender with a demi glace that was rich and flavorful. The addition of a few chunks of the local dragon's breath blue cheese to the glace was a perfect and unexpected taste combination. Good service, good food, what else could i want.