“Great atmosphere and wonderful food!”
Review of Brooklyn Warehouse

Brooklyn Warehouse
Ranked #59 of 737 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Halifax, NS Canada
“Great atmosphere and wonderful food!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love the menu ! There is always something that I have to try. I have been there with my husband several times and I love the cozy atmosphere and unique offerings.
I have really enjoyed everything that I have ordered and wish that we could get there more often.
The staff are friendly and the only problem you will have is deciding what to order. It all sounds so good !

Visited December 2012

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good but pricey for what you get”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

As residents of Halifax, we enjoy going out to the better restaurants around town. So we were looking forward to going to Brooklyn Warehouse, about which we'd heard a great review. We liked it, and we might return at some point, but there are many places we'd rather return to first. The ambience is interesting and busy, but would be better if you can get a seat overlooking the street. We really liked the open wall (no windows) on the warm day we were there. The food was attractively presented and reasonably tasty, but overpriced for what you got. I admit to being disappointed by the limited and eclectic choices on the menu, which had us picking several appetizers and salads instead of a main course. I got the impressions that they were trying too hard to be "different" from other restaurants. Service was attentive but hurried, like they were trying to rush us.

Bottom line: I suspect that the locals would love this place, especially once the staff got to know them. And I suspect that light fare at a window table would be fun on a sunny day. But you can do better for a $28 entree at any number of other Halifax restaurants.

• Visited June 2013
“A must visit!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went to Brooklyn for my first time with my husband last Friday. We had both heard great things and finally decided to celebrate some work news with a nice meal out. We both were immediately impressed by the warmth we received from the staff coming in and the nice atmosphere the restaurant Has. We were seated in the back against the wall at a small table for two. Some ppl may find the seating a bit crammed, but we both agreed it was a part of the experience. We started with a rabbit appetizer and their Dragons breath salad; both were delicious. For drinks my husband had a farmhouse (local artisan craft beer)and I had a glass of red wine and loved them. Entrees, I got the beetroot pasta, which although small was fantastic. Truly a special dish. My husband got the steak and loved every minute of it. The service was great as well, our waitress was very friendly and although she was busy, was prompt and on her game. The whole night was impressive. We will definitely be back.

Fall River, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had lunch here with my sisters. I enjoyed the scallops with risotto and green salad with lemon vingarette, very tasty. Service was good and it was busy.

halifax
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our 3rd time eating at Brooklyn Warehouse but it was really disappointing.We were a party of 4 and all of us did not enjoy our meal.We ordered the pork medalion which besides it being a small amount(2pieces) and just not very good.The rest of us ordered the hamburger which was dry and the fries quite salty it just was not up to par compared with another time that we had eaten there.The service was quite bad and considering that there was never more than 10 people there when we left our server did not take our bill but instead another waitress came and I tipped which should not have happened(my mistake).Considering that our bill was$130.00+ a thank you for coming would have been polite.