“Never let's us down”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Four of us went to the Brooklyn Warehouse for a birthday celebration, and we were impressed, as always, with the quality of the food and the service. The menu, though not extensive, changes regularly, and among us we enjoyed a variety of appetizers and main courses, as well as desserts. Raves all 'round, and not a single false note.

We went on a Wednesday, and so enjoyed the special $1.00 corkage fee. We had our reservation for 6:00, and so avoided a rush. By the time we left after 8:00 the restaurant was full, with many happy patrons.

The restaurant expanded its size this past year, but the quality is not diminished one bit.

The restaurant is not close to downtown, which we think is a plus. It is also not inexpensive, but the food is fairly priced given its quality. And the low corkage fee is a help.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is the first time my friend and I had been back to the Brooklyn Warehouse this their renovations last year. We called for reservations and were directed to their website which we found irksome, since we wanted to walk before dinner. We decided to take a chance and go anyway. There was room and we sat in the outer area which gave a great view of all the traffic coming from The Forum, where cheerleaders were holding competitions all weekend. We both had wine-a cab. sav. from California for me and a sauvignon blanc from British Columdia for my friend. We were both pleased with our choices. We skipped salads and went right to mains. My friend ordered a chicken dish which she loved. I had a ribeye--very flavourful but I found it tough. We thought the ambience was very nice but the evening cost well over $100 so we found it a bit expensive, given just a glass of wine and an entree.

2  Thank Kaye007
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We arrived by cruise ship and some folks we met on the ship were from nearby (well by Canadian standards!) St. John. They rented a car to see Halifax and nearby attractions from a tourist's view. We split the cost of the car and started our day out with lunch at the Brooklyn. They called ahead and our table was waiting when we arrived. Six of us had various offerings and all were above average and each one of us enjoyed the food, and the service. We mentioned that we had things to see and places to go and they got our orders out quickly. The three girls decided on desert and passed the dishes around and one got better than the other, so that was a good ending to a very good meal. All of us agreed that the restaurant was worth the effort it took to find it, as no one had been there before, and we did not have a GPS.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I took my husband to Brooklyn warehouse tonight, his first time, and we were not disappointed. I had the same friendly server as last time, Lea, and she remembered me and even remembered the wine that I so enjoyed on my previous visit. The steak was delicious, and cooked perfectly. No room for dessert, but next time I am going for the chocolate one, it sounded amazing.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had heard so much about the place I was looking forward to trying it and it is near my neighbourhood. Last night, I took a good friend for her birthday who had never been as well. We saw a table in the corner asked if we could sit in it as we wanted a little privacy, our waitress told us no they had to save it just in case a group of four came. She did not apologize and there were lots of emply tables. About 45 minutes later two guys came in and took the same table no problem. I ordered a glass of red wine and it had gone bad so told the waitress, she changed it up but no apology and charged me. Very little effort from a service perspective, almost indifferent. At the end she asked us if we wanted one bill or two , I told her one would be fine. Within 2 minutes she returned with two bills, I said I had wanted one, no apology just took the two and processed them together. Total bill was just short of $70.00 for two burgers, 1 salad and 2 glasses of wine. Having workied in the food sector, i know how important the service piece is - this was totaly lacking. In fact, i felt ripped off, so much so that I am writing this review - my first ever on trip advisor. I have lots of other choices on where to spend my hard earned money. Very disappointed.

3  Thank leannie G