“Awesome all around”

Brooklyn Warehouse
Ranked #55 of 712 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Seattle, Washington
“Awesome all around”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went there for a late lunch yesterday with my brother-in-law and was impressed before even entering the restaurant (which I'd never heard of before, being new in town). Looks like it was in an old converted house which had been made to look more rustic and cosy, and it certainly was.

Since it was about 4pm, there wasn't really a dinner or lunch crowd and the place was mostly empty. The dearth of customers didn't at all detract from the homey/comfortable vibes in the place and one got the distinct feeling that it was a gastropub and not only a place to go drinking (ie. could be either classy dining or rowdy drinking and both would suit the place just fine).

The menu was relatively sparse, which I never take to be either a good or a bad thing. Sometimes the smallest menus being forth the most artistic creations and the largest can seem like mass production.. aaaanyhow.

I ordered the smoked chicken club sandwich with triple cooked fries and my bro-in-law ordered the burger. He's glutarded (gluten intolerant) so asked to go either bun-less or lettuce wrapped.
Our drinks were refilled promptly and out waitress was really friendly

Given the vibe of the place I was expecting some decent food, but when it finally came out, my jaw just about dropped.. Exquisite presentation and I couldn't but wait to start stuffing my face like Honey Boo Boo at an all you can eat buffet.
The fries were almost better than the sandwich, probably the best fries I've had anywhere in a very long time if ever.. Reminded me of the fries one would get in Brussels, wrapped up in paper and served with ketchup and mayo.

The portion sizes were the perfect balance between Euro-style peckish and American stuff-your-face-till-you-choke gluttony, so we left feeling perfectly satisfied and with a surprisingly light tab to boot.

I totally recommend this place and will be going back often.. I hope they switch up their menu often though.

• Visited November 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“One of the worst eating-out experiences I've had”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were the first people in the restaurant and I started to notice that everyone else was getting service before us. Service, water, menus and food... all before us.

By the time we got the menu, most people had eaten and already left. We were nervous about ordering since we only had about 20 minutes to get back but we thought sandwiches were the fastest and easiest to make so I ordered the brisket and Reg got the BLT.

We found out that there had been a fire in the back which had thrown things off in the kitchen and the server did apologize to us. But everyone else had food. Everyone else was gone.

She told us ours was next. We waited. I started to panic. Could we go back without having lunch? I was starting to feel like a hostage to the place because we were now going to be late for the seminar from hell and we had nothing to eat. No complimentary bread. No drinks on the house. Nothing!

I went to the washroom and said to myself, if the food isn't there by the time I get back, we are leaving. Which is exactly what happened. We put some money on the table to pay for Reg's Coke which was the sustenance for our entire afternoon and left. With my card on top of the $5.

Although treated courteously, it only happened when our existence was acknowledged which for the most part rarely happened. It was painful to see the rest of the entire restaurant be treated so much better than us and actually get to eat when we left starving.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank suziethefoodie
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent Service, Great Food”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Staff are friendly, prompt, and very helpful with questions about the menu. This is my "go to" restaurant to take friends and family for a nice meal at a great value. You will NOT be disappointed dining here!

Visited June 2012
“Wedesday night BYOB”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Wednesday nights are BYOB with a $1 corkage fee at Brooklyn Warehouse. A really nice mid-week treat. Last night we shared their take on Caesar salad which includes Dragon's Breath Blue cheese, Oulton's farm bacon, a delicious dressing and half a grilled lemon on the side - wonderful! I had the Brooklyn Burger with their shoe string fries - again, wonderful. He had Short Rib that includes an amazing white bean ragout. All good.

It was the first time we'd sat in the new section of the restaurant. It's nice to sit by the windows and watch the traffic go by - it's also a bit quieter out there with fewer tables. The ambiance on the older inside is warm and welcoming, especially as the weather gets colder. We're considering making the Wednesday BYOB a regular thing...

• Visited October 2012
Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in the city!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Incredible atmosphere, great staff, fantastic food! The menu is often surprising but always delicious.

Visited September 2012