“Great place for lunch!”

Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
St. John's, Canada
“Great place for lunch!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was craving noodles and this place did not let me down. Reasonably priced and yummy food. I ordered the noodle plate with spring roll and the vegetables were crisp and fresh and the spring roll was crispy.

Visited March 2013

Sydney, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite part of my trip”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We live in Cape Breton and every single trip to Halifax I stop at this place to get my pho! It's always tastes exactly how I remember and so worth the stop. Great location as well.

Visited January 2013
“Love the Pho”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Barrington Street in Halifax doesn't have a lot to offer. There are not many stores or restaurants and a lot of it is boarded up. However, Star Anise will make a detour there worth while. The Pho is delicious!

We always seem to end up there when our son is visiting Halifax. He's a vegetarian and we're not, but we can all get a delicious lunch or dinner at Star Anise.

• Visited December 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Yummy!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We went as a party of four for dinner and each of us had an excellent meal. Two of us had vermicelli (noodle) dishes, which were outstanding, and two of us had Pho (noodle soup) dishes, which were equally delicious. The flavours from the spices are incredible and you can tell great care is taken in the food preparation. All dishes are reasonably priced and the portions are very large!

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Great pho, cheap and cheerful!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

No matter where I travel I am always in the mood for Pho... enter Star Anise. Small place, decent sized menu, I must have eaten there/ordered here like 8 times during my stay in Halifax. The broth is very tasty, it is super reasonably priced, pork spring rolls are great, crispy shrimp crackers and fried chicken are alright too... but its really only the Pho that had me coming back. |Best one in Halifax, and apart from pizza not much delivers in Hali so good healthier option. Recommend, great value. Closed on sundays;(

• Visited October 2011