“The atmosphere is wonderful, but the pricey steak underwhelmed”
Review of CUT Steakhouse

CUT Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 733 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lower Water St
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
“The atmosphere is wonderful, but the pricey steak underwhelmed”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I went to Cut for Valentine's this Feb.
The hostess was very friendly, as was our server.
We both ordered a cocktail, and a bread-basket came to our table. Very nice. We ordered our appetizers, mains with our starch and "enhancements", as you must order these separately.
My husband had the Tomato & Mozzarina Salad and I had the Seasonal Salad with goat cheese. I think I won that one. They were both wonderful actually.
While we waited for the appetizers to come, we ordered another cocktail. We had also placed an order for a bottle of red wine with to have with our main. A female came around...I am thinking this was a manager of sorts to ask about our table etc. We told her we had a wonderful placement beside the window, overlooking Halifax Harbour and street fronts. She pointed out that because Valentine's was very booked up, that we only had our table until a certain slot time. Her wording was blunt and surprised us. She continued through the room, and we were shocked that she had given us our time in this manner. We were aware of the date, and understood that a packed house was inevitable on this night, but it was her manner that left us speechless.
The remainder of the meal, I felt rushed and a bit uncomfortable and she again, went through the room. Our steak was dry aged, and we both agreed, not the most tender, a bit dry (ordered medium) and wasn't as tasty as we had previously here. Our sides were very good, asparagus, garlic mashed potato, and bearnaise sauce. We both had a special coffee. Our bill came to $370.00 with tip.
For the type of establishment, money spent, the let-down of the main course and brash "hint" from the manager(?) left us feeling that we should look elsewhere for a nicer steak house.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank trip-together

north carolina
“terrific food”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

late night dinner was excellent. staff excellent a little pricey but worth the funds. the location is excellent and easy to get to from the courtyard hotel. a different type of bar menu, with some drinks we had never heard of.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank crock28459
DanielleRCR, Manager at CUT Steakhouse, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thanks for your recent feedback of Cut Steakhouse, we're pleased that you enjoyed your late night dinner and convenient location to the Marriott Courtyard! We hope to see you again next time you're in Halifax and try some more of our creative cocktails!
Cheers!
Denton, United States
“yummy, but pricy”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

went on business trip so was well worth it!! So good, and not too busy at prime dinner time. I was pleased

Visited February 2014
Hi Ashley, thanks for choosing Cut Steakhouse for your recent business dinner. So glad to hear you enjoyed everything, hope to see you again soon!
Halifax, NS
“Very nice atmosphere, so so food and expensive for lunch.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our team goes out for lunch once a month for team building. We tend to just list a bunch of places in town that we haven't been and then start going down it one by one. January 2014, the name on the list was CUT Urban Grill.

The atmosphere here is outstanding. Very friendly staff and hip decor. Such a great first impression.

Too bad the food couldn't deliver. Not one person in our group of 8 enjoyed their food. The comments ranged from bland to cold to just underwhelming. For the price you pay and the atmosphere I'm afraid that you expect a little more and they just don't deliver.

I wish them the best and hope that their food quality will improve but we will not be returning.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ChadHFX
Hi Chris,
I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your recent lunch at the Grill, we aim for every dining experience to be a fantastic one. I honestly feel that what you experienced was an anomaly and I wish that we could have fixed it for you at the time. We never want anyone to leave unhappy. We'd love to have you in again so you can experience the type of food that we know we can deliver. Please feel free to email me directly if you'd like to give us another shot. All the best...
Montreal, Canada
“Great food, even veg options”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My boyfriend loves the lobster poutine. I was impressed by the good veg options available. We were there for lunch and go every time we visit Halifax.

Visited December 2013