“Dinner and business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of CUT Steakhouse

CUT Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lower Water St
Ottawa, Canada
“Dinner and business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

After considering it for sometime, I finally elected to have a business dinner at CUT, and wasn't disappointed. As we were staying at the Marriott Courtyard, it's obviously very convenient. The dining room was very elegant, and the staff were very good. My steak was as good as I've had, and my guests seemed very happy with their choices. Per the other reviews, it isn't cheap. Cheap and good are hard to find, so my measure is value received, and I feel I received good value for my money at CUT. I would definitely select CUT in the future.

• Visited September 2013

Hannonds Plains Halifax
“Not so nice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The food was a 3 out of 10. Scallophs were well under cooked... had to return them. Trust me when I say under cooked... they were still cold inside. The wine was good! at $11.00 for 4 oz. The meat pie was poor. Not well put together at all. The open face steak sandwich, steak was good bread was burnt black. Fries were not great ok if you are 5 yrs old and can only eat three. The service personal were underdress. Come - on ladies wear clothing that keeps the girls in place. I was looking for class not A!@. The setting was not bad but the ceiling should be darkened so clients can't see the spider webs. Felt like i was sitting in a P-Lot eating from a food vending machine. Just clean the place up a little, fresh paint. Take the time to taste the food before you serve it. Oh the salad tasted like mud! Truely a disappointment!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Freeman M
“Expensive night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

After a few weeks at sea a few of us went out for a good steak dinner. As it was holiday weekend the only place we could get in was Cuts steakhouse. After being seated and brought drinks the staff wheeled in the steak trolley and explained the origin and area each steak came from which was a nice idea, We then chose our steaks and were informed it was $50 per steak and all the side dishes were extra (WOW) we decided to go ahead and treat ourselves. I had prawns to start which were really tasty then decided on the local sirloin which I must admit was cooked to perfection and the side dishes which we shared between us was more than enough. Overall a very nice experience but will have to wait until payday before I return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RonRange
Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cut Steakhouse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Service was excellent BUT food was less than average given the prices, steaks had absolutely no flavor, halibut was awful, desserts were cheaply made (don't order the sticky pudding - its a muffin with sauce). Not near worth the money paid.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Susan J
“Worth evey penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The last night of our maritime trip, we decided to have a nice dinner. This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel as well as locals we had spoken to. We arrived at the restaurant later around 9 o'clock. We were greeted with open arms. Restaurant was very classy and the decor was chic. We requested one of the two tables on the balcony. Our appetizers were the oysters and the beef tartare. The beef tartare was absolutely fantastic. For our main courses I had the USDA prime strip loin and my girlfriend had the 6 ounce tenderloin. The beef was grilled to absolute perfection, and was melt in your mouth tender. As for any other upscale restaurants you must choose your side dishes. We had the lobster risotto, the asparagus and peppercorn sauce. The loster risotto had big pieces of lobster, and was delicious. For dessert I had crème brûlée, another home run! Before we left, we received a gift from the chef. Homemade banana bread. What a great idea for breakfast the next day. It was also very good.

The only criticism I would have is walking down two flights of stairs to go to the restroom, although it made me feel a little better to burn some of the calories off. :)

The service was top notch. From the moment we got there, late for a Sunday night I might add, we felt very comfortable. This was thanks to the professionalism of our server, Jamie. Jamie was very polite to us as well as knowledgable in regards to the menu. He made sure we were happy and all our requests were granted. I highly recommend asking to be served by Jamie if ever you eat at this restaurant, he is one of the best waiters I have come accross.

We would definitely make a point to go back to this restaurant if we were in Halifax. It is expensive but worth every penny.

• Visited August 2013