“Medium rare steak anyone?”
Review of CUT Steakhouse

CUT Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 733 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lower Water St
Dartmouth, Canada
“Medium rare steak anyone?”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Not the night I was there. It was what I wanted...and what I ordered, but my steak was medium rare . I really don't like it like that, so I asked if it could be cooked more. The answer was yes, of course. The steak was brought back medium...still not to my liking. I was leary of asking to have it cooked properly, simply because I thought it might get spit on or tossed on the floor, so I didn't eat much of it. The rest of the experience was very good, so I gave them an average rating. Really though, is it all that hard to cook a steak medium well ??

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cliff1024

“overpriced”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Service was good. Meal incredibly overpriced for what you got. steaks ok. Nothing spectacular. Will not return

Visited April 2013
1 Thank nicky172
NovaScotia_10
“If you like Steak”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not the least expensive restaurant in which I have eaten, but certainly one of the best steakhouses in which I have had the pleasure of dining. Everything from the service to the apps, the entrees and the sides was exceptional. Probably not a place you can afford to east every week but if you want to treat yourself or for a special occasion, this spot should be highly considered

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank NovaScotia_10
Halifax, Canada
“Steaks undercooked”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate down stairs at the Urban Grill. I have previously dined here thought it was great, this time I was disappointed. 4 out of 6 ordered steaks and none were cooked properly; a real disappointment considering steak is their specialty. The service was prompt and friendly; our server even offered free deserts when we expressed our disappointment with the steaks. I will go back but stick with a burger and appetisers and skip the steak.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Hfxexp
Halifax, Canada
“Expensive No Matter What”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I went to The Cut for our anniversary last year, partly because we hadn't been before, but also because my husband loves a good steak and because we had received a 50.00 gift card from a good friend. The steaks were done exactly to order, but the sides were a bit skimpy. All in all with a nice bottle of wine, the evening still cost us over 100.00 plus a tip!
I'd be happy with The Keg any day!!!!!

• Visited July 2012