“My daughter works here so I am biased :)”
Review of CUT Steakhouse

CUT Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 737 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lower Water St
maritimes
“My daughter works here so I am biased :)”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went for a family pre Christmas dinner at the Grill which is much more affordable and relaxed than the actual steakhouse so I can only comment on the grill. It was great, the atmosphere was excellent, the service was top notch and my steak was cooked (medium) just right. Everyone had positive things to say about their meals which ranged from Lobster/Mac and cheese to Oultons steak to a stir fry.

Nova Scotia
“It's All About the Details”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

There were six of us for a pre Christmas get together. The service was over the top from the moment we arrived to the time we left. Every server served everybody in the place with tremenous professionalism. The service made me feel as though our table was the only one that mattered but as I scanned the room - the same service was provided thoroughout. Our main wait staff reviewed the menu and advised that the steaks could be shared as they are quite large (that's good because as much as I like steak - I don't like big slabs of meat). Each couple shared a steak and each steak was cooked to perfection and each steak was like cutting into butter so to speak. The sides (starches and veggies) are served separately - family style in a bowl to share around the table. I praise the owner / manager who obviously takes great care in training the staff as they were all on top of their game.

With a shared steak, cocktail before dinner, bottle of wine and amazing dessert - it bill came to about $100. per person (I would think this would be a base price to consider if you plan to go).

Would I go back if I had the opportunity - yes.

Kentville
“Love The CUT!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food and service was amazing! One of the best steaks I have had! I was at the Crossed Keys Steak house above the Kings Arms Pub in Kentville about 2 months ago...The Cut is my second favourite in Nova Scotia...Very well done!

Halifax, NS
“Great chocolate martinis!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went for a girls night, had excellent chocolate martinis! The sides that go with the steak we found three of us could share as there was so much of it! Server was just ok - a little cranky even - but whatever. High priced but great food! Great night out overall!

“Unforgetable”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have been for half a dozen dinners to Cut and each time the service is excellent and the food outstanding. I would highly recommend the shrimp almondine and of course a steak! The morel mushroom sauce is very delightful but I would not recommend the lobster Mac as cheese as it is one of the worse I have ever tasted with it being dry and bland. Overall, one of my favorite restaurants in Halifax.