“A great place for fresh sushi!”
Review of Sushi Nami Royale

Sushi Nami Royale
Ranked #117 of 715 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Nova Scotia
“A great place for fresh sushi!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

On recommendations from friends I tried out this sushi restaurant and was truly impressed although I am not a big sushi fan or so I thought. My visit here changed that with the freshness and variety. I definitely recommend giving it a try!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank CraftNovaScotia

“Very entertaining”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

First time there, loved it. We had a friend who was from Japan and we wanted to take her to a special restaurant. She loved it. We had our food prepared in front of us and the cook was great.Will be back.

1 Thank onthego2011
Halifax, Canada
“Not bad but don't go out of your way.”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This review is for the Dartmouth Location.

First this location has very little atmosphere. I've been here about a dozen times and each time there is someone whom I presume to be a manager or owner sitting at the Sushi bar doing paperwork. Quite unprofessional.

That said I have never had issue with the servers they have always been quite attentive. On this visit I found our server to be exceptional. We had a few people at our table who had never been here and they had lots of questions. She did an excellent job of answering questions and making suggetions.

I always get Maki and my wife always gets the Terriyaki dinner. Their salad is the best in the city, although a little on the small side, fantastic dressing. Miso soup is average. What you would expect. Terriyaki is shredded steak on rice with a few roasted veggies. It's fine but nothing exceptional.

Part of the joy of sushi is the presentation. There is nothing remarkable about the presentation here, although it is better than what you get at Hamachi. The Maki is lined up on a rectangular plate with a strip of Terriyaki and spicy sauce down the side. That said the sushi is always fresh and tasty. They can be skimpy on the wasabi though.

Pricing is pretty average, and service is quick. Expect to pay about $40 for two, before drinks and tip. Stop in for reliably consistent food but don't go out of your way.

• Visited January 2012
Halifax, NS
“Good sushi.”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Have been to their place in Dartmouth Crossing twice. No complaints at all. Food was good, price was reasonable, staff was pleasant. Would eat there again.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank novaalces
Halifax, Canada
“Good service but bad sushi”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I think it is the most popular sushi restaurant in Halifax. However, it does not offer the best Japanise food. Most of the people go there bacause it is clean and well decorated.
The food lost its authentic asian taste. The menu is pretty limited. I would not recomend their combo sets, since I could not eat the salad at all and miso coup was too solty. I will not go there again.

Visited June 2011