“Love the food”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've gone to Vinnie's many times and have always loved the food (pasta dishes are always more than I can eat, so end up taking some home!) Can't say enough about the fresh made loaves of bread that come while you are waiting for your meal. On the appetizer side, I'd have to say they made one of the best calamari's in Halifax. If you love garlic, you will love the Caesar salad! Have enjoyed many of the pasta dishes, but have to say the peppercorn steak is absolutely delicious also. The place is on the smaller size and very busy on Fri/Sat nights, so I would recommend going Mon-Thurs (remember it opens at 5 pm).

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had bought a Groupon deal for Vinnies, $20 for 2 people which stated " must purchase a food item" When my wife & I arrived we ordered a glass of wine each and studied the menu, she was not very hungry and wanted only an appetizer but we were told we must purchase 2 main courses, owners policy. We therefore asked for the Groupon voucher back, ordered 2 appetizers and left, never to return I might add. Ripoff!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

AWESOME - great food, great service, cozy place and not too big - just right. Lucky for us we had heard you have to arrive early - we did and got a table. It filled quick but it was a Friday night so call ahead if you can. Lots of standard choices but some odd combinations that are actually tasty so give them a try. Leave room for the bread it is to die for - warm and crusty. Will be back.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate here with a groupon- so that may have explained the poor service. At first our reservation was lost- we stood around for 5-10 min until they found a place for us, but we had a toddler with us and had requested a high chair but when we were seated and asked about the high chair we were told they didn't have one. It was busy that evening but the service was very slow and our waitress seemed angry- at one point she ripped off the table cloth behind us, getting me and my fiance wet from whatever was spilled on the table. Food was good, but maybe take out would be better!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This neighbourhood restaurant is a great find for visitors to Halifax especially by those who want good food at an attractive price. It is located in Halifax's south end on Inglis Street (just around the corner from near the end of Barrington St. and very close to the popular Westin Hiotel. At first glance one might be put off by the plain interior. However, what it lack in fancy decor is more than made up for by excellent Italian dishes and friendly service. the basically Italian menu includes superb calamari and delicious large rice balls. Pizzas are great, and the variety of pasta dishes include such favourites as Asian Noodle, Red Curry Chicken and Blackened Striploin and Noodles. (These are large and could be shared. Plus, the pastas come with fresh bread and soup of the day or salad. I always pay a bit more for the Ceasar Salad which I think is one of the City's best. Wines are inexpensive. Weekends might be quite busy. Reservations are desirable. There is also a takeout menu.

1  Thank Jonathon_7