“Best Pasta Every”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The pasta was delicious! The calamari was the best i every had. Great wine, atmosphere and service! Definitely a tucked away little place but it was full of people! Great place!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

While at home in Ottawa, Ontario we found a coupon on "Groupon" for Vinnie's Pasta Bar. Since we were coming to Halifax on a vacation we decided to try it for dinner (they open at 5 pm). We were not disappointed. I had the Garlic Chicken dish, with the potato/leek soup and my husband had the Asian Noodle dish with a cesar salad. WOW. The bread was very good, the food was wonderful and the price was great ($14). We would eat here again and would definitely recommend Vinnie's. We would suggest making a reservation, unless you are willing to for a table.

1  Thank WeLov2trvl
Reviewed June 28, 2012

It is located deep in the south end, but only 5 minutes away from the downtown core and very convenient to access from the waterfront, been past it several times over the past 5 years but never went in because the area is just not your generic go-to area for restaurants, it's a residential neighborhood. Vinnie's is definitely worth the try, great atmosphere, the food is very flavorful and done very well. The cannelloni was the best I've had and the bread they bring you at the start is amazing. Also tried the soups, very good. Definitely a great find and good change from the regular restaurants in the downtown area that don't measure up.

1  Thank BEYLHR
Reviewed June 24, 2012

One of my favorite places to eat in Halifax.

As a student living in Halifax my boyfriend (now my husband) used to frequent this place on date nights.

It was easonably priced for two struggling students and delicious. We would often order the different pasta dishes. The pasta meals come with bread prior to the meal and either soup or salad as an appetizer. The bread is delicious, and the soups are often different depending on the night.

We do not often get the chance to go back now that we have moved away from Halifax, but I often think of it, and would love to go back again some weekend.

1  Thank NSFoodConnoisseur
Reviewed June 17, 2012

A local friend brought us to Vinnie's on our second night in Halifax. It is an unassuming building that might not indicate to someone walking by how great the food is inside. Our party of 8 was very pleased with all of our meals. We had great service and stayed for a bit talking and no one rushed us out. I found the prices reasonable and would definitely return if I am in the area again.