“Yummy food, good value, no frills”
Review of Jean's Restaurant

Jean's Restaurant
Ranked #355 of 720 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Halifax, NS Canada
“Yummy food, good value, no frills”
Reviewed February 18, 2009

My daughter often goes to Jean's for lunch and last night we were in a rush so figured it would be a quick place to get a good hot meal. Jean's is sort of a hole in the wall place, just down the street from the intersection of Robie St. and Coburg Rd. and it is a student hang-out for good reason. The food was really tasty (I recommend the ginger beef) and the portions are huge. I suspect they use MSG but it doesn't bother me so I didn't ask before ordering. We were there at 6:30 and the place was packed. The service was friendly but it took awhile to get served. It is not the most posh restaurant you'll ever go to, but I will definitely return. We had enough left over from two combination plates for my lunch today and total cost with tip was about $30.

1 Thank Mooma