“Great Food in a Great Location”
Review of Red Stag Tavern

Red Stag Tavern
Ranked #60 of 751 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your neighbourhood pub in the downtown core of Halifax Nova Scotia.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We hadn't been here for several years (maybe 15) and we don't know why we stayed away so long. The Red Stag is staffed by friendly people that seem to really pay attention to what you want and what you need. The menu is large, with a good selection of seafood (as you would expect in Halifax). There were six in our group and everyone seemed to want something different. We all received our food at the same time, it was all piping hot, and each of us commented on the wonderful taste. What more could you want?
As for the location: the Red Stag is located in the historic Alexander Keith's Brewery Market, next door to the Brewery which offers a GREAT tour (see our review), a couple of shops, and is only steps away from the beautiful harbourfront boardwalk. If the weather is warm you can even be seated on their upper deck patio.
Definitely worth checking out!

1  Thank DandH_1989

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Red Stag Tavern is a must should you find yourself visiting in Halifax. Located in the heart of downtown Historic Halifax and in one of the most Historic buildings in Halifax. The Alexander Keith's Brewery building. Also located within the building are tours of the historic brewery . But visit the Red Stag and find yourself among some of the friendliest staff, and a large assortment of menu items to choose from . All are very very good . But the Maritime hospitality will jump out at you, you'll really enjoy your visit to one of the best eatery's in the Halifax area and at a friction of the cost of some high end restaurants . You will enjoy ! The Daily specials are great but but I suggest the Nachos for starters .... They are the Best ! and "Caring Counts" and they really do care

4  Thank Keith R
Reviewed April 1, 2014

When my friend and I want to go out for a quiet dinner with good food and drink - this is our new go to place. We've had excellent food and service each time. I'm eating my way through different items on the menu and enjoying each one. He's eating his way through the fish and each meal he's had has been wonderful. His fish and chips tonight made me wish I could eat fish - nice and fresh and the portion size was perfect - filled him up with just enough room left for cheesecake.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Service was excellent, food just ok. Nachos were expensive but didn't seem to have much on them- just carmalized onions, a handful of tomatoes and some banana peppers. I ordered the Lobster mac & cheese which was actually penne noodles and had so much parm I could barely eat it. Cheesecake for dessert was delicious. Would probably return but maybe just for apps or drinks.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My second trip to Halifax and I love this bar! Great service and really good beers. Want to come back in the summer with my sister Angie and our husbands.