We stayed here for the final two nights of a Maratimes vacation prior to taking the Digby Ferry to Saint John, NB. The location of this motel is literally 2 minutes from the ferry so if you need to be there at 7:00 a.m. for an 8:00 a.m. departure, this motel can't be beat.
This place is old but you can tell that the management is making a considerable effort. The room was among the cleanest I've seen in the 8 hotels in which we stayed on this trip. Good firm beds, great Internet. We didn't eat at the restaurant but it seemed to be well-attended. The view of the Annapolis Basin is spectacular. There was a bit of noise from walking above us but no big deal and to be expected in a motor lodge. The room had a bit of a musty smell but this was a minor thing. Fairly common for a place this old and on the water.
We found this motel to be a good value. If you are expecting the Ritz, go elsewhere. If you want basic right near the ferry, this place works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Admiral Digby Inn and Cottages overlooks the Digby Harbour and Bay of Fundy. All rooms and Cottages have an ocean view. We are rated 31/2*. We have an excellent Restaurant on site serving fresh homemade seafood, etc, lounge to relax and unwind, public laundry, indoor pool and very friendly staff. We are a minute drive from the Saint John/Digby Ferry. Whale watching, Beaches, Historical sites close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Admiral Digby Inn and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Admiral Digby Inn And Cottages Ltd
- Admiral Digby Inn & Cottages Ltd Hotel Digby
- Admiral Digby Inn And Cottages Nova Scotia