“Fresh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boardwalk Cafe - CLOSED

Boardwalk Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving the freshest Seafood in a casual Dining Room with a fine View.
Digby, Canada
“Fresh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not a large place, but fresh food, cooked daily on the premises. A few outdoor tables for good weather breezes from the bay. Varied menu and reasonable prices. Not open for dinner, and is seasonal.

Visited November 2012

Saskatchewan, Canada
“Unique, Downhome Style Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This restaurant is one of my Grandmother's favourites, so we had to stop when we recently visited Digby. The restaurant is a unique experience with the menu posted on a board on the wall and a fabulous display of desserts as you walk by the counter. This menu may not be for everyone, I enjoyed my chicken rapure and my father liked his fishcakes. I would not take picky eaters or children, but I really enjoyed the Boardwalk Cafe. You may want to make a reservation, we visited on a Wednesday for an early lunch and nearly all the tables were reserved! Make sure you save room for dessert!

• Visited March 2013
Digby, Canada
“Mmmmmmm.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am an local Digby gal who loves the Boardwalk Cafe :) Esther and her staff have a great thing going here. The food is all homemade - even the salad dressings and bread.. I see a previous post says white bread...that is incorrect as they serve their homemade brown bread and rolls every day to my knowledge. My favorites are chicken pot pie, seafood casserole and quiche. I love the strawberry salad dressing, but the greek and poppyseed are great as well. Many people love the maple chicken curry dish. Hubby likes the jambalaya or fish cakes. My daughter loves the local dish rapure pie. Everything here is great, so if you're visiting Digby, try to have a meal at the Boardwalk Cafe right on Digby's waterfront. The homemade desserts are also to die for including carrot cake, cheese cakes and various pies. They are opening tomorrow for the season. I'm sure it will be a busy one. It is always a good idea to make a reservation.

• Visited October 2012
Weymouth, NS
“Love the Boardwalk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Being a local I have been to the Boardwalk many many times. I keep going back as it is consistently good and very enjoyable. The staff are excellent and remember you each time. I have been there for lunch and also in the evening. It is a unique restaurant in Digby. It serves local, fresh vegetables. New potatoes, beet greens and carrots go well with the homemade choices. I have had their soups, sandwiches and main courses. Seafood casserole, maple curry chicken, haddock on a bun are a few of my favorites.I don't understand what the reviewer meant byy saying "the food was so plain." What would you want on a potatoe. What is better than a boiled new potato? What a taste.No one talks much when they are eating the food as it is that good. The desserts are incredible mouthwatering. Carrot cake is a must try. I will say the only thing I did not enjoy were the fish cakes. I thought they were way too salty and quite disgusting. I hate to mention that as it is overall an excellent restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Nova Scotia
“Incredible Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We don't quite understand the reviewer who said the food was "sooo plain"! My husband and I own a B&B and have wanted to eat here for the last two years because we have heard "many" fantastic reviews from our guests who have discovered this restaurant on their own while in Digby. It did not disappoint! We both had the 1/2 sandwich with soup. I had the beef barley and my husband had the turkey with rice. The soup was incredible! The flavour was amazing. Initially upon delivering the sandwich I thought to myself that the 1/2 could have been a bit larger but with the combination of the soup, it was more than adequate and definitely yummy! We don't usually have room for dessert but all of their desserts are homemade so it was hard to pass them up so we went for it! There were excellent and the best part of all, they were 1/2 price!

The restaurant faces the water which is nice and they have a patio out back where in the summer you can eat out there.

So do yourself a favour, make a reservation and enjoy the best "homecooked" meal (outside of my own) that few can match. Do not take the advice of the other few negative reviewers who do not seem to know good food when they eat it. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012