“Great breakfast”
Review of Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe - CLOSED

Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: OPEN JUNE 1st, 2015. NOT OPEN FOR LUNCH. Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe offers made to order breakfast, including a seared Digby scallop omelette and poached eggs with smoked salmon, open Tue-Sun., Closed Monday. Dinner service is Tue-Sun. We offer a four course fixed price menu serving local produce and fresh seafood. We strive to keep everything local. You have your choice of starter, salad, main course,home-made dessert selection, tea or coffee. Please bring your own wine, as we are not licensed. Please call in advance to reserve table. We are unable to accept email reservations.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Breakfast was delicious, especially the coffee. It's a cute place with antique accents and a generous supply of newspapers to read while eating breakfast.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Mag Pyes was suggested to me by a local I asked on the street (I always ask the locals!) for coffee and breakfast and it was exactly what I wanted, and by far exceeded my expectations! The staff were so friendly and the food amazing. I had bacon, eggs, potatoes and toast - and it could not have been better! The atmosphere was great and the view is amazing overlooking the water and the warf. Mag Pyes is a for sure stop for me next time I'm in Digby!

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I was so excited to try this place after seeing all the great reviews - it seemed like the type of place I'd love. However we went for breakfast & it was nothing special. Ordered French toast - only two pieces in An order, so thought it would be really nice, thick, special bread - but no, just regular sliced bread. I opted for the blueberry topping - it just said blueberries on the menu, neglecting to mention that it's actually a sauce - fine, but not what I expected/wanted. I will say it was perfectly cooked & came out nice & hot, a pey peeve of mine. Had oatcakes to go; they were nothing special either. For two of us to have a small portion of French toast, one with a side of ham, a coffee, a tea, and two oatcakes, the bill was almost $25 - and not even full or impressed to boot. On top of all that, the service wasn't overly friendly or attentive, unlike what others have said (I think it was the owner & a friend & later an employee serving us). Overall, a big disappointment.

2  Thank SolaceSeeker6
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Delicious food, wonderful home-cooked foods, and baked treats, quaint period style decor. The service is quick and friendly. Best view in the early morning hours with the sun coming up and the boats docked. You don't even have to leave your window seat, you can take pictures right out your window.

1  Thank ChristineWOW
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We always enjoy our meals at Mag Pyes! Not to be missed for the friendly conversation and great food! Excellent view of the fisherman's wharf and the beautiful waterfront.

1  Thank GAELTours