“Excellent food and awesome owner”
Review of Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe - CLOSED

Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: OPEN JUNE 1st, 2015. NOT OPEN FOR LUNCH. Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe offers made to order breakfast, including a seared Digby scallop omelette and poached eggs with smoked salmon, open Tue-Sun., Closed Monday. Dinner service is Tue-Sun. We offer a four course fixed price menu serving local produce and fresh seafood. We strive to keep everything local. You have your choice of starter, salad, main course,home-made dessert selection, tea or coffee. Please bring your own wine, as we are not licensed. Please call in advance to reserve table. We are unable to accept email reservations.
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Can't say enough good things. Ate there twice in as many days (lunch and dinner). If you don't see it then ask as they'll make anything they have the ingredients for.

Worth visiting for the food and the conversation!

1  Thank RandomString
There are newer reviews for Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife, daughter and I were in the Digby area for the weekend (June 9 & 10, 2012) and after a mediocre lunch at the Fundy Centre we went to Mag Pyes for dessert. What a find, what a treasure - the tea was served in a ceramic pot, china tea cups, the bread pudding with ginger caramel sauce was exquisite. My daughter liked the brownies so much we bought extra to bring home. Margaret and Tony, and all the staff, were wonderful hosts and we hope to stay at their B&B (Holdsworth House - http://www.holdsworthhousebandb.com/) very soon.

The next day we went for sandwiches and dessert - it was really, really good - even my daughter who has a very discerning palate enjoyed her sliced egg sandwich. I had the baked ham - delicious; and my wife had the smoked salmon. All very, very good - served on home made focaccia. We will definitely be travelling back there.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Homey atmosphere everything tasted great-breakfast lunch and dinner-top quality fine baked goods- mag & tony are the coolest hosts.-Elliott

1  Thank ELBOW77
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

We came there for breakfast, it was great and we talked to the lovely host Margaret, she invited us for a dinner the day after, it was the birthday of my wife.
It was amazing ! Margaret and her husband Tony prepared for us a very delicious lobster dinner !
So if you are in Digby, this is the place to be !!!
They have also a very good b&b called Holdsworth house B&B

1  Thank RPD99
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Settled in at Mag Pyes for breakfast, on yet another rainy day in Nova Scotia. I love this cozy cafe in the heart of Digby on the waterfront. The owners, a young couple, are never in a hurry to push you out the door. They are genunie in their interest to say good morning and see how your day is going. The food is wholesome and delightful. Mag Pyes is always on my agenda when I visit the small coastal town of Digby. Wireless internet is available too! Thank you, I will be back!!

1  Thank Laura M