“A five star bakery !!!”
Review of Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe - CLOSED

Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: OPEN JUNE 1st, 2015. NOT OPEN FOR LUNCH. Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe offers made to order breakfast, including a seared Digby scallop omelette and poached eggs with smoked salmon, open Tue-Sun., Closed Monday. Dinner service is Tue-Sun. We offer a four course fixed price menu serving local produce and fresh seafood. We strive to keep everything local. You have your choice of starter, salad, main course,home-made dessert selection, tea or coffee. Please bring your own wine, as we are not licensed. Please call in advance to reserve table. We are unable to accept email reservations.
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

We came there for breakfast, it was great and we talked to the lovely host Margaret, she invited us for a dinner the day after, it was the birthday of my wife.
It was amazing ! Margaret and her husband Tony prepared for us a very delicious lobster dinner !
So if you are in Digby, this is the place to be !!!
They have also a very good b&b called Holdsworth house B&B

1  Thank RPD99
There are newer reviews for Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Settled in at Mag Pyes for breakfast, on yet another rainy day in Nova Scotia. I love this cozy cafe in the heart of Digby on the waterfront. The owners, a young couple, are never in a hurry to push you out the door. They are genunie in their interest to say good morning and see how your day is going. The food is wholesome and delightful. Mag Pyes is always on my agenda when I visit the small coastal town of Digby. Wireless internet is available too! Thank you, I will be back!!

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stopped here for a late lunch and were pleasantly surprised. They owners were extremely friendly and interested in your dining experience .our meal was excellent I would have like to see more in the desert showcase but it was late in the day so perhaps they were sold out of most things.We will back the atmosphere and view were great.

maggiemaedigby, Owner at Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your lunch at Mag Pyes. We do try to keep a good selection of desserts available for our guest. As everything at Mag Pyes is made fresh daily, sometimes we do run a bit short towards the end of the day, especially if we have a busy lunch service. I hope to see you again and that we will have some extras to offer you in choices of desserts.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

It's the kind of place where they have almost nothing on display...just a couple of uninspiring baked goods. However, the owner is very friendly and very quick to point out that all you need to do is ask for a favourite and she'll have it ready either that day or next.

We got an order of cinnamon buns to eat at breakfast that were to die for. She has a menu board of some of the possible choices too.

She was also able to provide some very timely (and accurate) information on a condition my dog was suffering from and knew of the best vet in town to take him to.

I say awkward, because I really don't like going into a deli/bakery/etc. and there being nothing there to choose from except maybe some really boring looking run of the mill stuff. It means that there has to occur much back and forth inquiries and clarifications before a transaction can occur. I would rather go in, have a full variety of fresh baked and appetising goods on display that will inspire me to want to make a purchase. I understand that because she doesn't know how many people might stop by in any given day, that she doesn't want too much to be sitting there possibly getting stale. Well, in the end I was happy to give her our business.

maggiemaedigby, Owner at Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

I am pleased that you enjoyed your cinnamon buns at Mag Pyes. I have to admit, that we did have a little bit of a learning curve last year, at the time when you were in. In fact, your visit with us was in July, 2011, and we had just opened on July 1st. It is hard to judge just how much one should provide in fresh baked goods, so in fact it does not go stale, and have to be disposed of. We pride ourselves on "home-made" and "fresh". Now that we have our first year under our belt, we aim to provide more of a selection on a daily basis.

I am happy to hear that you dog was taken care of, and hope to see you again, at Mag Pyes.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Mag Pyes is a cozy place that offers original and delicious desserts. Try the lemon pie or/and the pecan pie and your knees will buckle. It is mouth-watering. I feel like having a piece as I write.

2  Thank KledsonPires