“Excellent stay”

Come From Away B&B Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Digby B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here only night night after a week in Canada en route back to Maine. The location is wonderful, love the Adirondack chairs right on the water. The rooms are clean, well-appointed, and have plenty of space. An easy walk to several restaurants/shops. Breakfast was delicious.

I would say that in general I am not a big fan of B&Bs because I feel stifled and like I'm in someone else's house - this wasn't like that at all. We stayed in the building behind the main house and overall it felt like a small hotel with breakfast included, rather than the 'staying in someone else's house' feel that i find most B&Bs have.

Great service, they offered to mail something for me that I needed to get out ASAP, just a nice helpful gesture.

I really think it was an awesome value, would stay again for sure! Digby is a charming town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TNLeigh

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I booked several days at this B & B. The hosts were the greatest people, the breakfasts out of this world with omelets, bacon, ham, home made breads and choice of cereals.
The room was comfy and quiet. We stayed in the "lovers nest" in the main house. There are also rooms in a separate building with waterfront views. Our small dog was very welcome. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this B & B to anyone visiting the Digby area.

Room Tip: There are three rooms in the main house with one having a water view. The "Lover"s Nest&q...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerald D
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I had been touring Nova Scotia and PEI for 8 days before we arrived at Come From Away and were tired. Immediately upon arrival before seeing our rooms we sat in the adirondack chairs and breathed a sigh of relief before we unpacked. Joe and Sharon went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. We stayed three nights and wished it had been longer. From the historical town of Digby we toured Annapolis Royal and went south on a whale watching boat. In Digby, I walked and walked the quaint streets with huge old homes and the tallest oldest trees I had seen in years. The roses were in bloom everywhere and Nova Scotia roses have the most scent of any roses anywhere - beautiful. Sharon and Joe advised us to eat at a gourmet restaurant that was a wonderful experience and recommended a great whale watching boat. We were not disappointed. Sharon also told us where to go to view a sunset - the Point Prim Lighthouse. It was excellent.
The room had a private deck overlooking the bay and scallop fleet with roses all around. As others have stated it was clean and comfortable with everything provided that we needed and the breakfasts were huge and just what we like - fruit, homemade bread, juice, coffee, sausage, bacon, pancakes, and on and on.
We highly recommend Come From Away.

Room Tip: Room 3 is first level room and has a deck with a view to the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joan R
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the annex closer to the water than the main house the middle of June. We had a lovely room on the first floor overlooking the harbor with a patio off our room. The view is fabulous and the room is quite nicely decorated. It is nice to have a coffee machine, little fridge with milkers and sugar supplied with tea and coffee. There are real coffee mugs and wine glasses. We have a small dog which we were allowed to have in our room which we greatly appreciated. There are 2 dogs on site. Breakfast was good. Joe was helpful in reading ingredients on packages of potatoes as I am gluten free. Hint, if you are too, bring your own bread. Sobeys up the road has some in their freezer, ask if you don't see it.

Room Tip: ask for a room closer to the water for a better view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Iris H
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed there 2 years in a row on a motorcycle trip in NS. Joe is a wonderful host and he has a great spot in Digby. The view on the bay is amazing. His breakfast is just superb. We will go back every time we head for that area and in fact, we will plan to drive by Digby just to enjoy staying at Joe's place. Thanks for being there Joe!

Room Tip: Get one of the 2 end rooms - one upstairs and one downstairs - just by the water at the far end of...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Romain G
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Come From Away inn was the best place to stay in Digby. They are right on the water and you can sit on your deck or the adirondack chairs they have in their plush grass and watch the scallop boats come into the harbor and also watch the rise and fall of the tides in the Bay of Fundy.
Joe and Sharon, the owners, were welcoming and very helpful. We went in the last part of June which was not quite tourist season yet and whale watching tours were not as readily available. They helped us track down a tour that was sailing and it turned out to be a great experience for my family.
The breakfasts Joe made us were huge and very tasty. Our room was furnished nicely with all the amenities. I would highly recommend this if you are traveling to digby and I would stay there again should we return to Nova Scotia.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank LSN98
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Apparently I saved the best for last. Come From Away is a beautiful facility; the room I got was not only very attractive but had corner windows and a patio door overlooking the Annapolis Basin. The view was so lovely I spent the evening enjoying it rather than sightseeing. Breakfast (included) was highlighted by a delicious omelet, the service was excellent, and the price for this memorable stay was very reasonable. Anyone who wants to really treat themselves, would do well to stay at Come From Away and then take their time enjoying the scenic coast between Digby and Yarmouth. I'm so glad I did!

Room Tip: Ask for the owner's help in choosing. He's very helpful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo