“Three Night Stay in a very quiet Digby.”

Summer's Country Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Digby B&B and Inns
london
“Three Night Stay in a very quiet Digby.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Was due to stay four nights but the shuttle messed me up and had three instead. I must say that the owners of the B&B were fantastic, charming and very hospitable.

If I do go back to Digby this is the place I would stay. I have no problems recommending this to any one as its not far to walk to the only bar that is open during close season.

Thanks again for a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I found this Bed&Breakfast in the Doers and Dreamers Guide Nova Scotia.
Upon my arrival in Digby, I called ahead and there was a room available.

It was on of my first B&B experiences and I really enjoyed it. The owners are really friendly and enjoy to chat with you. Admittedly, I was just too tired from my trip to stay up long, but usually owners and guests meet downstairs in the evenings. It's a nice atmosphere.
The room was really comfortable and had a private bathroom.

The location is also great. Just a few minutes walk from downtown Digby. And if you need to catch an early ferry, it's not far by car to get there.

In the morning, there's a breakfast in the downstairs dining room and you even have a choice of hot breakfast.

I would definitely recommend a stay at the Summer's Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We did not actually stay at Summer's, but wanted to. Their website and the 2012 Doers and Dreamers Guide of Nova Scotia state that they have rooms from 59.00. On arrival, we were quoted at $95.00. The woman doing the quoting denied knowledge of the lower rate. When presented with the ad in the 2012 Guide, she said that the lower rate was for off season and that they were not yet in effect on Sept. 9th. Other establishments along the route expressed that this WAS off-season, but not so here. Since the discounted rate was not available and we felt that their integrity was in question, we moved on.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Donna D
Boston
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Gloria was incredibly sweet. She helped us with our room, making sure we were happy with our breakfast, even when we showed up early before breakfast was supposed to start.\. The room was clean, large, and well kept too. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tsh2020
BC
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We needed a place to crash before catching the first ferry crossing the next morning. Stumbled on this place at about 10pm. I called before knocking on the door and was told there was rooms available and to come on in. The lady who helped us was very kind and helpful and led us to an upstairs room, which was very clean and cozy. As we were leaving so early the next morning she knocked the price down since we didn't require breakfast.

It was everything we needed and she was very accommodating to our needs so I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JyouKnit
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Location good for a walk into down town area, just 5 minutes. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had room 2 in the annexx which was clean and tidy, but the four poster bed was so uncomfortable and noisy when you made any movement, we considered at one point that the car would be more comfortable to sleep in! The breakfast was very nice.
Not the best place to base yourself for Whale watching.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ritsian
Modesto
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We liked Summer's Country Inn. The woman at the front desk was lovely, and the room was squeaky-clean and cozy, with a big ole four-poster bed, a nice old fireplace, and a fairly big bath with tub. It's a big, solid, old house with a lot of character -- mid-Victorian, I'd say -- and it's been well maintained. It's not one of these luxe antiques-filled inns that have truly preserved the historic ambiance, but it's still got quite a lot of charm. The only down-side was that when I made the reservation ,I was told I wouldn't be charged the bed and breakfast rate because we were departing too early in the morning for breakfast; but when we checked in, we were indeed charged the bed and breakfast rate. We were too tired to fuss, and didn't want to be a pain in the butt, so we didn't say anything. Early in the morning, the nice lady gave us muffins and fruit in a bag as we left, I guess to compensate. That was thoughtful . . . but it was just prepackaged store-bought muffins, not something we'd really choose to eat., so we'd rather have just not paid for breakfast in the first place. I think any hotel or B and B in Digby, mainly serving the ferry trade, should make an effort to serve real breakfast for those catching the morning ferry. Still, this was just a minor detail. This is a nice place!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family