“Great Place and Hosts”

Digby Backpackers Inn
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Place and Hosts”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here one night and had a great time with the guests and hosts. Both directed me to local and special places I was unaware of including places to get great Digby scallops. I really liked this place and would not hesitate to visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Tripper0157

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is one of my favorite hostels in Canada. Since 2010 I am always come back to stay at the hostel. It is very clean, people gather together in the living room or kitchen, awesome staff and friendly owners, comfortable beds.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MooseScout
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The house is so well kept and so conveniently located. Every where is accesssible within walking distance...the public laundry, the fish market, convenience stores, restaurants, the harbour...The kitchen is fully equipped and I enjoyed cooking lobsters and scallops there so much. Saskia, Claude and the helpers are always around to offer help! Digby Backpackers is very resourceful and introduced to us lots of local beautiful sites and memorable tours. It was really too bad we could only stay for 6 nights. There were still many things we wanted to do but couldn't, due to the time we had. Advice to everyone: If you want to travel to Digby, don't just plan it as a stopover. Give yourself more time there to explore and stay at Digby Backpackers Inn. We guarantee that you will have a wonderful experience!
Claude, Saskia, Asher and Brendan, you guys rock!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lams R
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I visit Digby for 4 days by myself and stayed at this hostel. It was great. Very clean and the owners and volunteers were very friendly and helpfull. It was like staying with friends. I definitely recommend this hostel if you visit Digby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TanyaLC12
The world
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I give this place ten out of ten. Its perfect. So clean and only a few minutes walk to the harbour. We only stayed one night but they let us check in late due to the bus times. Also they let us hang out the next day while waiting on our pick up lift. The breakfast was great and loads of it which is also nice.

We would love to come back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul T
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My cousin and I were bicycling Nova Scotia and needed a last minute place to stay before catching the ferry back to the mainland. Finally we learned of the hostel and, being poor bike travelers, they were gracious enough to offer us a camping option and full use of facilities (showers much needed at this point). As a special unadvertised bonus, we were treated to some fine gin and lovely conversation. Talk about yer extras, ey?! Hail to the Queen! (too much? new to this commonwealth thing...) :D

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Greg A
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I typically don't stay in hostels, but I was very pleasantly surprised with Digby Backpackers Inn. It was very clean and comfortable, and felt more like I was staying with old family friends than a hostel. There was only 4 people staying there that night, so the 1 bathroom was a non-issue. If I ever find myself in Digby again, I will definitely drop by for another stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo