“Pretty good! Poutine with ribs was delicious!”

Montana's BBQ and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Montana's BBQ and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 282 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were greeted pretty fast. Nice friendly waitress. We had the poutine appetizer with ribs in it, it was delicious! Sweet peach BBQ sandwich, was good but not great. The waitress forgot some minor details but she did have a lot of tables she was tending to, not just us. Overall, good food. Good atmosphere and friendly staff.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Ordered build your own burger, was delicious. ... they forgot cheese, I didnt really mind, they knocked half off price and gave coupon for next visit.

Wife mentioned to our server (Krista) about lactose allergy, she had manager come over and go through menu including sauces etc to make sure she could make good choices.

We'll be back

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had early supper here at the new location in Dartmouth Crossing. Clean, well laid out - typical Montana's whichever location you go to. Service was just OK, considering it was not very busy.

We shared the Deep Fried Dill Pickle appetizer and it was very interesting! They were service hot, coating was crunchy and the dill flavor came more from the coating than the actual juicy pickle; the dip was good and creamy, but never enough!. Glad we tried them, probably would not order them again though.

Hubby had the Reuben Sandwich and I had the Steak Sandwich. Both were tasty. My steak sandwich was cooked medium as ordered, but I was surprised it was a steak on a bun, not cut up which would have made for easier chewing.

Overall, good value for an eatery; just remember you don't 'dine' at Montana's. It is popular with a wide variety of demographic.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Our dinner for two was expensive for below average quality. Ribs good. Wings poor, couldn't eat them. Sirloin steak over done to a greyish colour, flavour was bland. (Ordered medium well, pink centre) Corn bread tasted kind of old, not light and fresh. Service was fine. There's just so many places you can go to get a first rate meal at far less cost in Dartmouth. Micmac, Smittys, Jamison's for example.

1  Thank cubaenthusiast
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've eaten at a number of Montana's Restaurants and most of them have been while on business. For whatever reason, once I eat a resto on business, they're permanently off my personal list as I'm loathe to associate business and pleasure.

Anyway that being said, I was staying at a hotel in a fairly commercial area and there were a number of resto's to choose from but Montana's is always sure to satisfy when you're not sure about the others. It's a chain restaurant in the same vein as LoneStar or maybe Outback or Casey's. Pub food fair with sports on the tv. Un-romantic atmosphere but then if you wanted romantic you would not have chosen Montana's. It's as simple as that.

No, Montana's is for eating and eating well and there's not a Montana's around that will disappoint. Now, I have to admit that I rarely pass up the opportunity to eat Baby Back ribs and this time around, after much painstaking menu surfing, things turned out pretty much the same and I found myself tucking into a plate of the most tender ribs that ever graced a plate. There are a number of sauces that you could choose to garnish the ribs but I have found that Texas Bold is the one that suits me best and wait staff has generally agreed.

Service was prompt with a smile and what else can I say? A cold beer, juicy fall off the bone ribs and I was a happy, if not stuffed, business traveller.

I recommend this restaurant but be hungry cause portions are generous.